Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peacefully yours [Wales/Open]

2 posters

Go down

Peacefully yours [Wales/Open] Empty Peacefully yours [Wales/Open]

Post  harlequin Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Her new instrument stood with a grandeur she had yet witness beforehand, Eleri was aware that most triple harps were baroque styled in accordance to their true Italian origination. But this harp just seemed so magnificent, gleaming in light of the circus tent. For the first two hours she had just spent her time tracing the intricate carvings on the side, the next three she spent tuning it to her exact specifications. The Austrian women actually came through, though Eleri was a little surprised that she did, she certainly wasn't going to complain about it. The welsh girl hard pressed her face against the cool polished wood, something about it just was so perfect that she couldn't explain in exact words. Eleri had been literally dreaming about this harp for years and now she got one of her very own to play any time she free to. With her hands posed on C sharp she plucked a few strings experimentally wondering what song would she christen her most lovely of harps with.

A traditional piece was required in this instance, Lisa Lan reoccurred in her mind, she deftly tried to push it out of her mind. It was a song of romance, certainly one such as herself couldn't not do proper justice to if she herself had never been wooed, but it just seemed so fitting for some reason. Deftly she plucked the strings mindful of her sharp talons which had to be dulled earlier in fear she would cut through a string accidentally. The sounds reverberated everywhere spreading the heavenly music throughout the tent. Her eye shut in a content look even though she was beyond the comfort of her tank and stranded on the land, there was a peace about her like waves sweeping her away. Leaving her to float in a symphonic harmony, this was her element, the only gift fate had bestowed upon her.

((what it sounds like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O4dXs81OdY&feature=related
just trying to get my activity up))

harlequin
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Peacefully yours [Wales/Open] Empty Re: Peacefully yours [Wales/Open]

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 pm

((Sorry this took so long, I kept second-guessing my reply ): ))

It wasn't as if she was stalking the mermaid-- okay. Maybe that's what it would be called. She'd just never seen one up close, only in stories.

Stories like Hanuman and Sovann Matcha, one of her favorites. Hanuman's underwater construction is blocked by a school of mermaids, and he falls prey to the leader mermaid's guiles, falling in love with her. The mermaid, Sovann Matcha, thinks she's tricked him, but ends up falling in love with him too.

...Though she had never really seen a monkey king. The Frenchman was a close contender.

She was unaware that mermaids could play such music. She'd never seen an instrument like that, though she had to admit she liked the sound. She peeked through the entrance to the tent, unable to keep her hand from bending in the rhythm to the music. And consequently her gold jewelry clattered together.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  harlequin Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:55 pm

((It's quite alright XD sorry I didn't see this yesterday Sad ))

It was a metal clank that broke her from her trance, but the intruding sound meshed well with harp. She closed her eyes and continued playing, the tune of metal chiming alongside of it. The sounds danced in the ear while Eleri's delicate ears found the point of origination of the sound with a uncertain ease. One eyelid fluttered open reveling her reptilian like pupils elongated past the point considered human. A girl was standing at the tent her hands moving with the chords soaring through the tent. Unnoticed her eyelid shut again and she rested her head against the base of her harp (the sound of HER harp made her heart flutter) to feel the vibrations against the soft flesh of her only unmarred cheek. As the last few bars flew from the gentle strumming of her fingers tips, only then did she turn her head to the tent entrance to address the intruder.

“I don't bite unless provoked contrary to popular belief. Please come in you're making me anxious.”

It was a pet peeve of hers when people sneaked peeps at her behind veiled places, there where only two acceptable options to her. Either outwardly gawk and let her appearance lose it's commodity or just don't look at all. Veiled attempts only made her conscious of the fact that she was in fact that she was a freak.

harlequin
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 pm

She had been seen. Immediately her wonder ceased to appear on her face and she became composed again, slipping back into her regal bearing and through the curtain into the tent. "I apologize, Lok Srey," She said with a calm smile, bringing her hands together at the palms and bowing slightly. "I have never seen storybook beauty up close."

She thought back to her own transformation, which was far from beautiful. The nagin never won hearts, or brought kings to their knees.

Though she had figured out the difference between the freaks and those that were allowed constant freedom, she still felt like she was wrongly placed. And she acted accordingly. Chankrisna still dressed in her finery from the rich family she came from, though all around her wore rags. She knew she was better, why be forced to listen to those who were wrong?

"Can I ask what you're playing?"

DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  harlequin Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Lok Srey

People tended to call her many things, speculate what she was in a unflattering manner, but sometimes people like the girl before her referred to her as something beautiful. She usually never strayed from correcting their beliefs as they tended to become upset or angry, the only exceptions tended to end horribly like the boy from ragtags that thought her to be a god. But a red blush rose to her cheeks at the mention of her beauty, it came unexpectedly “I'm not that beautiful” she murmured under her breath. She was a freak nothing more nothing less, to be called anything else was a scary thought.

“It's a folk song” she rubbed her head thoughtfully, her hair nearly dry “A man wrote it, he was very much in love with a girl named Lisa who he thought was fair. He longed for her so much till he thought of nothing but her. The man wished for the girl to be by his side forever even when he was to be returned to the earth.”

harlequin
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 pm

She only put up a hand to the woman's rebuttal as if she was telling her she wasn't allowed to say it. "Where I come from women dance to become like you, like Sovann Matcha. But you are the real thing."

Listening to her story confused Chankrisna greatly. It wasn't like any she'd ever heard. Her folk talked were hardly that simple. Maybe she was missing something. "I haven't heard this before," She declared, as if it would change anything. "This... lisa. How did he capture her? Did she deceive him? Is that why he died?"

That couldn't be all there was. It just couldn't. Her stories read like long dramatic sagas, in song form or no. To think that the man could just simply love a woman... It didn't seem plausible.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  harlequin Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Women did not dance to become like her, she couldn't even dances for lord's sake. But she would not refuse this women's beliefs, she did not want to let another suffer through a crisis of faith because of her. “You could say he was captured” Eleri smiled mysteriously like she knew something the other did not “By love you could say, he became enchanted with the tenderness of her kisses and her fair beauty. And he longed for her like he could long for no other because he was simply in love.”

Her head twisted and her thoughts became philosophic “Though true love I suppose is so complex that most could never achieve it but it's simply enough to be understood by every human. It's contradictory isn't it? Which is why I suppose it makes for such good subject matter.”

harlequin
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down