Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hrm.

2 posters

Go down

Hrm. Empty Hrm.

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:51 am

Well, I have written some short things, all of which were depressing (despite my best efforts not to be), but I finally wrote something that kind of isn't, so I figured maybe today is the day that I share. Get ready, because my writing style involves lots of bullshit with no dialogue (and half of the time, no names even). :I

--

She put all of her energy into her mind; humans were given the amazing ability to think, so she thought. And at some point, she'd concluded that the reason she had such limited capacity for 'common sense' was because her mind was so full of equations (which took precedence over common thought). 

But, alas, it was lost somewhere between her theories on happiness and whether or not she wasn't. 

These thoughts on her and the physical universe were sacrificed for the universe of physics. And so she forgot the pain of reality by immersing herself in the symbolic expression of reality.

Thus, her body was neglected while her mind grew strong.

As for him, he put his energy into the world she'd left behind, because humans were given the amazing ability to do, so he did. He reached no conclusions on it, because there were no conclusions to reach. There were things to be done, so he did them.

Oh, he could have mulled over it, but he'd found that the unfortunate side effect of contemplation was sadness. And the fact that people could not be in their thoughts without being sad, was, in itself, sad. So he forgot the pain of mentality by immersing himself in the here and now, the rules to be followed and what had to be done.

(That wasn't to say that he never wandered into his thoughts, just not too far--he knew that she was already lost, and between the two of them, there had to be someone with a sense of direction.)

Thus, his mind was neglected while his body grew strong.

But occasionally, she'd look at her body and he'd look at his thoughts and both realized they were incomplete. For what was her mind worth if the body that housed it expired? What good was his body if his mind was not whole and not satisfied?

And they were both sad without quite knowing why they were sad (and what was the measurement of 'happiness', exactly?).

It was perhaps why they longed for togetherness. Not because they 'completed' each other or other such fantastic romance, but simply because within each other, they forgot everything. They existed together in a world on their own where nothing mattered, because they had only each other and their love and no room left over for dissatisfaction.

And when they lied together and fell asleep in the cocoon of white sheets and lovers' arms, they needed not wonder things like 'Am I happy?' 'Am I sad?' and 'Why?' They only had to think 'I am here and you are here and maybe that is the only meaning of life. The only truth.'

And maybe that is enough to be happy.

--

(/SUCKAGE. :I I didn't put quite as much thought into this one as I normally do (meaning it took just two days as opposed to many to write). I am in the airport in Piter, btw; today we're flying to Copenhagen and Amsterdam, and tomorrow we're flying home. So in a few days, I'll officially be back. B) XD)
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Hrm. Empty Re: Hrm.

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:03 am

Djfndnfjd-- it does not suck >:I I love the way you word things, it's like the words wrap around the idea but don't directly touch it, but leads to a conclusion on it's own. I love your style B) /wants to see the other ones no matter how depressing your writing is just djshfsnfbh--
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 pm

ffffffff thank you :') I tried to attempt actual scenes, with dialogue and whatnot, but they were just turning out so flat and boring--and depressing. :\ Which is why I cannot share them, because I didn't bother finishing them. :I Maybe I will write longer...'things' when I'm home and have computer access.

(btw, this may seem random, but I have been thinking about it for a couple of days now: I am so psyched to see Phyu's app. B) I keep checking when I have some rare Wifi, just on the off chance you've already finished it--/shot XD)
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:27 pm

I feel like dialogue is my only saving grace XD I can do the dialogue for something and then you put the actual writing in-- /shot XD

(FFFF I haven't finished it yet, but she'll make/sell merchandise like a pro (read: hustler) for the ragtags. :I XD there will be many "I do not think that means what you think it means--" followed by many "course i know what means!" fff she is like my Itak-- writing with her always makes me feel better XDD)
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum