Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arriving Unannounced [Piter/Private]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arriving Unannounced [Piter/Private] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arriving Unannounced [Piter/Private]

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 pm

"Well, how are you supposed to learn enough about people if you refuse to go in their shoes? There's quite a big gap in what you know-- there's a fine line between interestingly unpredictable and dangerous for your plans." That was in his language. Right?

She almost snorted at his description of the woman. "Terrible. So are you. You should make a happy couple-- or at least, a miserable one so that no other person would have to take a chance with either of you." Then on a more serious note, "If she is too similar, give it up. It's a terrible thing, looking into a living mirror every day."

Not moving when he basically began to play against himself, she laughed sadly-- for him, not for what he had said. "Na, no you wouldn't. You would see that I am with this person or that person... And you could tell me as much and you'd be right." She smiled knowingly. "But you don't know how to empathize. All you have is your five senses when it comes to... Relations. I think you're afraid you'd get caught in the spiderweb... Because you don't know how to be the spider." He was just the little boy that decided to pester with one of nature's most intricate creations. He wouldn't know exactly how strong a web could be, because he could easily crush it in his hands.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Arriving Unannounced [Piter/Private] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arriving Unannounced [Piter/Private]

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:43 am

"Well, it would be one thing if it were as simple as putting on a pair of shoes," he noted sagaciously, nodding in appreciation of the fact that she was speaking a dialect he could understand. When his former 'lover' was brought into question, though, he shook his head, "Oh no, she is not too similar to me. I know myself too well--I could never obtain the full devotedness of anyone like me." Which defined love, by his definition. Someone who was almost slavishly loyal to him, and yet free-thinking enough to make him miserable through some kind of sick, co-dependent relationship. He was madly in love with her.

...But that, too, was a kind of lie-made-truth that he'd created for himself. No matter how intrigued he was by Motya (far more than he'd ever been by Franze or Diederik or whoever else), he didn't know love, and never would. That much was fact.

He didn't say anything, at first, when she'd made her all-too-accurate observation. He moved the white queen--Franze's old queen--and checkmated the black king--his old king. It was a hollow victory. As it had been after the first few times he'd won against her, in his youth, and probably always would be. Maybe one of the reasons why he always wanted to play with her was because he wasn't able to comprehend why he no longer enjoyed winning against her. Why it was no longer the sole objective.

Putting the pieces away, he picked up the box and stood up, finally replying, quietly, "You know, I have never been fond of spiders. I always kill them, when I see one. Maybe it's jealousy." And then, as normally as ever (again, as though he hadn't said anything abnormal), he bid her farewell, "I think I should get back now; it would be a terrible inconvenience if my driver died while we've been having fun, and I had no way of getting home. I'll return some other time, for a rematch."

And with that, he left, as though they were still rich and comfortable in their vast homes, and this was just another visit that he'd paid to her before everything changed.

((Figured I'd better end this one, too, since it's technically past-tense now. XD))
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2