Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drinking makes you Popular [Transnistria/public]

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drinking makes you Popular [Transnistria/public] - Page 2 Empty Re: Drinking makes you Popular [Transnistria/public]

Post  Idiot Bunny Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:17 am

(( :I I didn't know that either. *SO STUPID OTL* Oh well. The more you know. Haters gunna hate.

Idiot Bunny
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Drinking makes you Popular [Transnistria/public] - Page 2 Empty Re: Drinking makes you Popular [Transnistria/public]

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:26 am

He watched to make sure the man went where he was supposed to. If he couldn't find it, Cosim knew perfectly well where the doctor set up shop.

When the Ainu lamented about his lack of control, Cosim shrugged and grinned sadly. "When you drink that much, I just call it overachieving." Maybe his friend was hardly in the mood to laugh, but he didn't know what else to say. The experience was quite sobering for him, too.

He listened to his friend quietly, scuffing the dust with his shoes. He knew exactly-- well, near to exactly, there was no way to be sure-- what the man was talking about. "Back where I'm from I was one of those too, for the god I believed in and how I looked. Which, consequently made me stop believing in a god altogether. I don't exactly look the same now, either. I guess I solved my own problem..." But saying that made him feel ashamed, and the tattoo on his wrist felt as of it was burning. He decided to drop the topic.

But was oblivious to the next one.

"Do I still want a what?" He scoffed, then laughed. "I have enough of those." Considering what he had already he didn't like. "The god I used to believe in doesnt allow tattoos." But he had one... And he knew that was important, somehow. He just didn't know why.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:38 pm

She was not sure what she was doing. Thinking about it, Anahira was sure that people would still not react kindly to her presence outside of the tent her 'act' was in. This might not have been a good idea. She hung back. These people, pākehās, would not appreciate her interrupting their.... What were they doing? Drinking strange liquids whose smells burned her nose, even from this distance? Why would they do that? She watched curiously as the Cowseem-Golem-Man broke from the crowd with another person she'd never seen before. Her eyes widened.

From her hiding spots, she had heard talk of some person with a headband and 'tribal' tattoos all over their body, and had assumed he was a Maori, as well. She could see the tattoos. From this distance, he appeared rather.... pale, actually. It must have been a trick of the light. She slunk closer, trying to keep herself hidden as well as she could. When she spied another person approach, she hid, listening to the sounds of a scuffle. Anahira did not understand much of what occured behind her, but she wasn't especially keen to find out. Someone left. Talking.

"You no give pākehā a ta moko!" With a sharp intake of breath, she moved out from her hiding place, annoyed by the very mention of someone she believed to be a fellow Maori giving a pākehā a 'tattoo'. From this much closer distance, she could see that he really was pale, with light hair and dark eyes. The 'tattoos' were all over, like the men of her homeland, but were not the same. She felt herself flush with embarrassment, all the way to the tips of her ears, and kicked at the ground with one bare foot. What was she supposed to do, now?

"I s-sorry," she stammered, "I told you were M-Maori but y-you no Maori....." She glanced at Cowseem-Golem-Man and felt the shackles still on her wrists, shooting him a glare, then returning to sending plenty of contrite waves back at the other man. Where was Faraz or maybe that Sew-Fee-ya girl when she needed someone to help her understand things better?

((Sorry for the laaaaaaaaame.......))
ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:35 pm

As his friend recounted his similar experience with oppression, Itakshir clapped a hand to his shoulder supportively. It was reassuring, in a way, to know that his race was not alone in the way they were treated. But at the same time, it was extremely disheartening. Ever since coming to the carnival and finding how friendly people could be, he'd been hoping that this sort of thing didn't happen in parts of the world he didn't know about.

He had to laugh along with Cosim at his next comment, though. "Man, you agreed to it, don't act like I'm crazy. Where I come from, you gotta have balls to get ta--" But he didn't get to finish explaining the history of how his race's tradition had been outlawed and then made socially unacceptable (even for Japanese people themselves), making anyone who now marked their skin a true rebel. Because he was very suddenly and unexpectedly interrupted.

Turning, he raised his eyebrows in surprise to find that someone had been listening. Huh. That was strange, he thought he'd made a point to get to know basically everyone in the carnival by now, but he'd never even seen this girl before. He had no idea what she was talking about, but he offered one of his usual overly-friendly smiles anyways, "Nice tattoos, babe. I'm not a what, now?"

((lmao, for the record, "ma-ori" in Ainu translates as 'to dig out roast meat'. XDDDD))
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:42 pm

He laughed incredulously. This short, smaller man was telling him he needed to grow a pair. He had killed and broken out of jail with only his two hands. And yet he lacked chutzpah. "Well... I guess if a tattoo is all it is... Sure, why not?" He had no idea.

Maybe he wouldn't get to find out. The cannibal woman who had asked for his help in releasing her so she could eat people, even had her eyes on Sofia, was saying something to them . He could hardly even understand her English. He equaled her glare and shook his friend's shoulder. "Just ignore her, she's a cannibal. She can't do anyone any harm now, but... It's better to not let her get to you." Truthfully, he was wary of anyone that dark-skinned. He just toked it up tonsure seeing any outside of the carnival. "Go back to your cage!" He shouted back at her. "Before I do it for you."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Anahira cocked her head curiously when he spoke, listening intently to the words. The accent was all wrong, he was not Maori. "I thinking you Maori, like me and my tribe, but you not," she examined him again, confused, "I guess I am liking yours, too. How you get? What is 'babe'?" She had a feeling that this man would leave her very confused if she let him. As much as she disliked asking too many questions, it was the only way to learn. She shifted her gaze to the big pākehā when he spoke, baring her teeth in irritation.

"I no canny-ball like you think! Faraz tell me what canny-ball mean and I not! I no kill for to eat persons. Tent people with the handy-cuffs and blindedfolds make me," she frowned, staring daggers at Cowseem-Golem-Man, "I free now. I no go trapped in cage no more and you no make me!" Anahira huffed, stomping one bare foot as if that finalized it. There was no way any mortal being could force her back into her blindedfold and hurting armholds behind her back or especially the drugged food. Not in a million years.

((What's ironic is that's how she cooks. XD Digs a pit, cooks meat underground, then digs it back up!))

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:12 am

((@babby: omg, chutzpah! The only Yiddish word I know on my own. XD /shot
@Starvist: IT MAKES SENSE-- That is the image he will forever associate with that name, now. XD))

For the record, he didn't know what a caneh-bull was, nor did he think it sounded all that threatening. Of course, if he'd known that the word Cosim had given meant the same thing as ue-guru, perhaps he might have felt a bit differently. But even then, he didn't feel that this lone girl posed all that much of a threat (not that he was thinking in long-term consequences; he never did) to two grown men, one who could wrestle bears and the other a professional strongman. So he wasn't quite sure what his friend was so worked up over.

"Maori? Nah, I'm Ainu." Interesting; so there were other indigenous people running around these parts--not that the Ainu were really a tribe, per say. He'd never heard of the Maori before, but anyone that practiced tattooing was okay with him. He wasn't sure how to answer the question of how he got his tattoos, though, since he wasn't aware that there was any other way to get them than by gouging the skin and rubbing soot into it. "You'll see," laughing loudly, he gestured to the taller man, "I'm about to give one to my friend here." He conveniently forgot to explain what a 'babe' was.

"You know tattoos, yeah? Maybe you can help out; I'm not sure I can do it all myself. Cosim's cool with it, right?" He gave the Transnistrian a light push on the arm and a laugh, blissfully still smiling amidst the animosity. Cosim's warnings were totally wasted on the Ainu; he was going to be friends with every non-Japanese living being that he met, come hell or high water.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:18 pm

"Aiyee-new?" Anahira cocked her head curiously, raising her eyebrows, "I no hear of, but guess that make even." She eyed his tattoos again, deciding that she liked them, even though they were nothing compared to the men from her home. She felt the corners of her mouth turn upward when he mentioned Cosim (She was getting these names better) getting a tattoo. Perhaps he was not aware of what one went through for one, to get it completely right. Unconciously, she touched her chin, feeling the gauges. That... was painful, as a young girl. She wouldn't have done it again had it not been her duty to get her chest and part of her back done. The rest of her back was forced.

"Yes, I know very well. I helped give, back home," she paused, then lifted her handcuffed hands, "But I no much help with handycuffs. I no hold tools right. I ask Cosim-Golem-Man before to help break, but he no help." She gave him her most pitiful look, glancing between the Ainu and her hands. Perhaps he could help her out. Anahira decided she wouldn't give up the chance to see how tough the pākehā really was, not for the stupid handycuffs. And as long as they didn't use her ta moko symbols, she was fine with helping out.

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Their grins were sort of unsettling. Tattoos weren't really a big deal... Were they?

But if Itakshir, as pure of heart as he was, trusted her, Cosim thought he should too.

"Fine... Fine..." he trudged over, and grasped the shackles on her wrists. "This might hurt." And without any further warning, he ripped the chain in half.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Yes, it hurt. But was it worth it? YESSSSSSS. Anahira stared at her hands in shock, as if they 'd magically turned into fish. No, still hands. She needed to cut her fingernails. Oh well. Slowly, she lifted her hands in front of her face, at the same time. Then, she began moving them apart, as if to see how far they'd go. She paused, her arms stright out, then smiled, waving them about like a madwoman. Free, free, free!

"No more handycuffs! I move arms! I catch ika now with no trouble!" The very thought made her glow with joy. She even hugged both men, just to be sure that she could. Before she could fish, however, she had to help with Cosim's tattoo. Despite his help, she was still curious too see how he'd react.

First, she decided, they'd need something sharp to carve. Then, something to dye it with. Since she had not seen a single catepillar since her arrival, she decided she'd have to color the tattoo in the woman's way, soot. She glanced at the Ainu. Right. He was doing it, she was helping. Judging by his tattoos though, she decided, he probably did it the same as her people. This made it easier.

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Ika? Itakshir (though continuing to smile) quietly clicked his tongue to himself, wondering if she'd meant to use the Japanese word for 'squid', or if it was just a coincidence. After having just gotten into a fight with a Jap, it was the last language he wanted to hear, at the moment.

But at least she seemed excited. Happiness was contagious, as far as he was concerned. ...And the free hug helped, too, especially considering that he hadn't even been the one to break the chain. He decided to keep his hands in the air innocently during the embrace, least they get any ideas. Because of course they had a mind of their own. Of course. That didn't hide the wolfish grin and the raised eyebrow, though.

"Let's get this started, yeah? I have a knife we can use," (Not a maikiri, but it would be good enough--it was plenty sharp.), "But we need some soot...are there any tea kettles around here?" Of course, it was customary to him to scrape the black soot off of the bottom of a kettle. Other things probably could have been used, but he wasn't sure what.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 am

"What tea kettles be?" Anahira cocked her head curiously, though the fact that he literally said out loud what she'd been thinking was a godsend. Perhaps, she mused, the Ainu and Maori were distant cousins. Eh, it was possible, but not logical. She let the thought slide. To the matter at hand.

"Well," she began, pacing slightly and glancing between the two others, "There no vegetable caterpillars here, or we use for the color very good. No Kauri, neither. I say we find fire and work there, like home," she grinned slighty, tapping her chin and chest tattoos, "For this color, we find burned wood and plant for to dye. How we do women's tattoos." She thought for a moment, then looked around to see if anyone had set up campfires. She knew she'd smelled smoke sometimes, and perhaps there was one still smouldering.

"Oh, I no ask, where you for to get tattoo? On face?" She squinted her eyes, inspecting his facial features like a tohunga-ta-oko* would, "I no know how for to work with such features. Too much space. I thinking you for to get on arm or body part. Pākehā no get on face, ever. They no strong like Maori boys and I think they no like give up eat or time with woman**." She tapped her chin again in thought, looking at Itak, "Where he think of getting? What you think?"

*Maori tattoo craftsman
**The tattoos on the face swell up and the recipient can't eat, anyways, but the rituals call for fasting and no sex until the moko heals up.

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2