Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alice Gustafsdotter

4 posters

Go down

Alice Gustafsdotter Empty Alice Gustafsdotter

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue May 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Human Name: Alice Gustafsdotter
Country/City/State/Province representing: Gothenburg, Sweden
Human Age: 21
Sexual Orientation: Straight Denies allegations of bi/homosexuality--
Birthday/Zodiac: July 16, Cancer/Year of the Rooster
Carnival Alliance: Mistique

Special Skills or Talents: ...Mechanic. :I
Role in Carnival and how it relates to the history of your character: Takes care of the company cars. This might not sound like much of a job, but keep in mind that while classic cars of the 30's were pretty much the epitome of beautiful vehicles (NO, NOT OPINION. FACT. :I Behold.), they were heavy, underpowered, dangerous, and mechanically complex. Also, sometimes they exploded depending on the engine and the gas tank. Yeah...you want someone preventing that from happening to your egregiously expensive-as-all-get-out car.
Gothenburg really started taking off in the early 1900's, thanks to enterprises like (notably) Volvo. The thirties happens to be when the company was seeing it's first real boom--at this time, though, it mostly made stylish, expensive cars for the super-wealthy. This, coupled with the fact that Volvo's stance has always been: "Practice safe sex, make love in a Volvo. The guiding principle behind everything we make at Volvo ... is and must remain, safety", would suggest her to be a fitting mechanic for a bunch of self-concerned capitalists. /shot
(Also, the founder of Volvo is named Gustaf, just like Gothenburg's founder--whom Alice's surname comes from. /TOO PERFECT TO PASS UP)

Appearance:
She sure has some flexible ankles--

Special personal items: A change of somewhat nicer clothes. Her tool kit. A small looking glass--/shot
Anything Else: See notes on character change. Otherwise...I got nothing for ya. :I
AU Background History: As far as she can remember, Alice grew up on the docks, but even before the financial crisis hit, the shipbuilding company she worked for closed and she had to find money elsewhere. Once the economy went down, it was nearly impossible to find a job before she came across the carnival. The mechanic, upon learning that she retained the basic technical skills she learned in the shipyard, took her as an apprentice and taught her how to use them for automobiles instead. He died in a work-related accident, and left the job to her.

EXTRA NOTES ON CHARACTER CHANGE (I don't expect everyone to read this, but...if you don't, you might be confused when she's suddenly different, lol XD):
Gothenburg has a very...I would call it 'masculine' history, with all it's shipbuilding and automotives and whatnot. Even though it has become industrialized, it retains a small-town feel, and has always been associated with the working class. Also, it's residents are friendlier than the average Swede...which from what I interpret just means less coldness and willingness to actually talk. :I
ACCORDINGLY-- Alice would like to have female friends, but due to being raised around and working mostly with men, she isn't entirely sure how to be feminine. She drinks like a sailor, is openly open-minded about sex, likes boats and cars, etc. When she tries to converse with other women, she becomes tongue-tied because she doesn't know what to talk about, consequently coming off as shy or aloof at best, very awkward at worst. With guys, she snarks a lot, but can at least keep up a continuous exchange of substantial dialogue.
btw, the founder of the Swedish Communist Movement, who was active in the 30's, was a Gothenburger--even though he himself returned to the Social Democrat Party. So while she is not exactly a hardcore communist, she does lean towards the radical left.
Lastly, please note that this is mostly just for the rp; non-AU-wise, she has become more effeminite with the opening of more "fashion houses" and whatnot in modern Gothenburg.

/TL;DR I just hated the way I originally made her character. The hatred doesn't go away, but I want to at least try to make it work. :\
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Alice Gustafsdotter Empty Re: Alice Gustafsdotter

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue May 10, 2011 6:53 pm

btw, the best and worst names come from Sweden. /SHOT
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Accepted~~

Fjdjfndnfjejf-- I LOVE that picture !! The prettiest grease monkey around-- /shot XD

Yes, my life goal is to one day get one of those cars B) I might even live in one. FFFF--
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Glory Tue May 10, 2011 7:07 pm

ROOMMATE <333

ffff She is so lovely :> I love all of the symbolism you incorporate into your oc's. They are so well thought-out and full of personality. Plus, mmmm dem Swedes B)

Gonna miss Mirza, though :I Now Faraz is stuck with his douchebag vegatable of a brother again. /sob
Major Glory
Major Glory
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue May 10, 2011 7:31 pm

@babby: ffffff lol, thank you--the outfit is actually based on one that I wanted to sew for myself...but the pattern sizes were all for much taller women, because it was from Germany. :'I /weep

And god YES, I love 30's cars; not too vintage, not too classic. A beautiful mix of both worlds. B)

@panic: Hottest roommates ever--/shot ffff Thank you, I am unhappy with her, but I feel better now that I have made changes. It can only improve from here, I hope. :I Swedes are pretty, but good rp-able characters they do not make. XD

Sorry, Faraz, but Mirza's only fun in an action setting. Which I find ironic, given how lazy he is. XD

Also, to anyone whom it may concern: will likely not be on for the rest of the day (eventhoughIwanttobe--/sob). I want to really push today and tomorrow to get my project done so that I won't be rushing on Thursday to turn it in. :I But after that...FREEDOM.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Tue May 10, 2011 7:35 pm

<3 <3 Awww, I actually really like this modified version of her. She was a good character from the start, but I enjoy this personal development so much now. :> And fff I have always looked at swedes from a stereotypical perspective, thanks to everything I get from my Finnish stuff, but I have to say I don't really agree so much with the stereotypes. :/ One of my close friends is an exchange student from Sweden, and she is pretty much the sweetest/cutest/nicest person I know.

MMMM-- A female who is open minded about sex...Auguste won't even have to pay anyone, this time.

Also this pic is so lovely, like usual. <3
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue May 10, 2011 8:26 pm

@oppy: <3 Thank you, but fffff no, she was barely passing before. Or not even-- :\ lol, I don't know what the Finnish perspective of Swedes are, but I've done a lot of research on stereotypes Swedes have of themselves. I think the common idea that they are 'cold' is very much a foreigner's viewpoint; Swedes are just very quiet and reserved, which to them (and to me, personally) is congruous with being polite. I've talked to my family, as well (both those that have lived and those who have visited), and this seems to be the case with Swedish society as a whole. XD But you know, with individuals, it is probably different; I knew a Swedish exchange student, too, but he was sort of an ass ("Why won't you have sex before marriage?" "Because I just don't want to... :\" "Oh, okay. /never speaks to again" Not even paraphrased. :I).

Lmao, she will suggest a threesome with Alex--AND THEN PULL A FEM!VERSAILLES ON HIM. /shotdown
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum