Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgement Day [Vesna\Private]

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Judgement Day [Vesna\Private] Empty Judgement Day [VesnaPrivate]

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:30 pm

She felt like she was marching to her own judgement.  And she was, in a way.  Facing her own sins, the one's that she could have prevented.  And she wouldn't know if her sister would have mercy.  She was supposed to be watched over-- and that was what Vesna had tried to do.  But she was never brave enough to save her.  And she had to set things right.  Sofia was the only family she had in this place-- and who knew how long she would be in the country-- most likely the rest of her life.  That meant Sofia was her only family.  She still had a responsibility to take care of her, then, as well.  Who knew how people were handling her, at the ragtags? 

She looked down at her hands as she walked (in the end, she had decided to walk.  She decided she wouldn't lie to Diederik-- she wasn't sure why.), remembering that her sister was burned too. But her scars never went away.  Vesna had agreed to see Diederik's doctor the day after she'd arrived and had been assured that the damages in the end would be minimal.  It was all nicely wrapped up now.  She wondered how it had gone wrong for her smaller sister.  

In addition to the doctor's visit, she had another thing to pay her Dutch friend back for, except he had no idea (so maybe she could get away with it).  His clothes.  She'd set out very early so she would have time to walk and reach the carnival before too much work was being done.  She realized she couldn't be in any real polite company wearing a nightgown, clean or not.  So, she had snuck out of his arms and turned on the metronome she had heard through the walls when she first arrived there (he'd been eying it longingly since then-- she'd gotten the point), and borrowed without permission a shirt and a pair of pants.  No matter where she went, she always felt the need to look good (a side effect of her profession, she only felt comfortable only partially covered--) so she'd tied the shirt up at the back to get rid of the baggy look and rolled up the pant legs so they would at least fit.  Oh-- she had borrowed a belt too.  She hoped he wouldn't mind.  Maybe the punishment for it was already on her-- she had been walking for nearly an hour in the outdoors and that smoke smell was still nearly choking her.  He had either washed the clothes and not worn them for a while (they were clean, she made sure of that) or no matter how much anything close to him was washed, the smell would never go away.  She hoped she didn't suffer the same fate.  

Finally seeing tents in the distance, she picked up her pace until she reached the large threshold that promised excitement when what was behind it was all set up.  It looked like it was... But she couldn't be sure. This place didn't have the same standard as Mystique.  Which... Really seemed to be in the same condition, at the moment. 

She spotted some men working with the ferris wheel and, grateful for her choice in clothing asthetic, went to ask some questions.  Hiding her hands behind her, she inquired about the whereabouts of the blind girl. They told her the clothesline in between the sleeping cars but told her she should stay with them.  So, she flashed her temporarily disfigured limbs and it seemed as though their interest disappeared. She had gotten what she wanted out of it, anyways.  

Finding her way around after a little time feeling lost, she found the caravans and made her way between them.  She closed her eyes-- she didn't want to see her unless she was really sure she was there. It might be the last time she saw her be anything but angry. "I'm looking for... Sofia Rostislavivna...?" vaguely she wondered if the bling girl would notice the pipe smell. 
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Judgement Day [Vesna\Private] Empty Re: Judgement Day [Vesna\Private]

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Sonya didn't think about her family much anymore--she used to, back when she was in the freak show. Mostly with bitterness. They pawned her off, like some antique that was damaged beyond use, because she was handicapped. Because she wasn't good for anything else. A burden.
Well, the joke was on them, now. She was much happier than she ever was before, blind or not. She was surrounded by people who were nice to her, had something to keep her busy every day, and had someone who loved her unconditionally.

Of course, whether she would admit it or not, she was being a bit stubborn. For sure, she could be angry at her mother--that was a relationship that was never going to be repaired. But her sisters...she didn't know how any of them had felt about the whole thing. Maybe they hadn't agreed to it. Maybe they hadn't even known about it until it was too late. But it was hard to think that fairly, when one was blind and sick and alone and frightened and feeling deeply, deeply betrayed.

And she had never been very close to her family, to begin with. She'd always been the 'runt of the litter', for one thing. The baby. (Although sometimes, in her dreams, she felt like she wasn't the youngest...) While her sisters were beautiful, statuesque, good for farm work or for marrying off, or some combination thereof, all she had really going for her was her brains. And it was awkward, sometimes, being the smart one. Certainly, it was isolating.

But all of that had ceased to plague her, in recent times. She didn't dream that she would ever see them again, or ever have to cope with her past demons. Which was why her blood ran cold when she caught the too-familiar scent of pipe smoke on the breeze.

Freezing in place, eyes as wide as they could go, the shirt she'd been scrubbing slipped right out of her fingers and into the water with a small soapy splash.

That smell was too distinct, too ingrained in her memory to mistaken it for anything else. She'd smelled it the entire way over to this country, while she slept in a cage like an animal. The entire ship smelled like it...the Dutchman's pipe. She may not have recognized his voice if she heard it now, but she could never forget that smokey stench. It was what she would forever associate with being taken away by strange men, put into a dank, uncomfortable ship hold, sailing for weeks (or was it months? She'd lost track of the time, then...) to a strange country, uncertain of her future--or if she would even have one. All while blind and recuperating from the fresh burns that grew on her like rot. It was what she associated with the most traumatizing experience of her life.

And now it was back, to make her experience it again.

Not even hearing her sister's voice when she asked for her, she broke into a high-pitched scream of absolute terror, her face as white as a ghost's. Sobbing hysterically, she pitched forward aimlessly, grasping for someone, nearly tripping, shrieking in a choked voice, "C-Cosim! Help! Cosim!!" She'd begun to catch on that he was almost always nearby--and for the first time, she realized that it was a really good thing, after all.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Vesna's eyes shot back open when the screaming started. It was the smoke. She wasn't sure what memories lurked behind the fragrance (to her it wasn't much of a 'stench') but she hadn't expected them to be good. But... She hadn't expected them to be like this, either. But... Just as the smell was familiar to her sister... Something in the poor girl's plea for help was familiar to Vesna. The name. Cosim.

The call was entirely new to the man who owned the name in question... But he wasn't unprepared. Since every morning the rides were checked and tuned up so that no unfortunate accidents would happen, he was in a different group of men, making repairs to the merry-go-round, a ways away (and the distance pained him). But that shriek scared birds out of the trees, and scared him to attention, crowbar already in hand. He would have no problem killing someone there and now. So he sprinted, not even paying attention to his heaving lungs (that seemed to get worse as the smell of perfumed smoke got thicker) as he finally reached her and hefted her up into his arms to tell he was there with her even before he laid eyes on the supposed assailant. But when he did...

The crowbar dropped from his hands, and he stood there in some sort of surreal shock.

Meanwhile, Vesna was even more confused. This man had approached with killer's eyes. And he was the 'Cosim'. He didn't look like her Cosim. Her bright eyed lost child. He had prison manacles. But she could jus barely see the black ink that lied under one of them. She wasn't sure who she was going to address first. But Cosim knew what to say, apparently.

Holding her closer now that he had a free hand, he kissed her forehead and spoke against it, "Ssh... It's alright..." It didn't seem so. And he wasn't sure why. The woman in front of him wouldn't hurt a fly. Well, unless it hurt something she loved. She must have just surprised Sonya, not knowing she was blind. And the small, defenseless woman could only be afraid. "You're safe... You're safe with me..." He was only mirroring words the woman standing alone had said to him so long ago. Reluctantly turning away from his beloved to face his former guardian, he said quietly, as of they both had met only recently. "Are you here for me...?"

"No." She smiled sadly. "Maybe soon... You have alot to explain for." He looked completely different. And not for the better. "But I'm glad... You know...it's a relief..." She nodded her head towards Sonya. There couldn't have been a better man.

"We'll talk..."

"Later. I'm here to talk to her..." She walked closer and took Sonya's hand with her own bandaged one. "I know what you think. It's not happening." She didn't know if her real identity would be any less despised than the one she appeared to be to the sightless girl. "It's me. Vesna."

DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:07 am

"It's not safe-- He's back--" She insisted, voice muffled as she attempted to hide in the crook of his neck. It was likely that she would have been a staunch follower of the 'if I can't see them, they can't see me' philosophy...if not for the fact that she already couldn't see anyone. And didn't feel any safer for it. Especially not now.

Cosim was strong. Cosim was big. But the Dutchman was, in her mind, a literal giant. A monster. Of course, she had never really seen him clearly--but she had seen him. The earliest days of her voyage to the new world had been her last days of sight; blindness was not a sudden thing. Cataracts had eaten at her vision gradually, until the world became an impressionist painting, and then...something darker, as she lost the ability to process colors. Those days, her surroundings became a blurred black-and-white image, as though someone had tampered with a moving picture. Those days, the only things she saw were the ship, her cell, the crew, and the Dutchman. Those days were indistinguishable from night.

Her vision died while taking the images of those night-days to it's grave. And they still haunted her.

Like anything that terrifies people and is then retained only as a memory, he became warped and demonized in her mind. Someone just barely resembling a human. And really, in the opinion of some, she was not far off the mark.

But when 'he' spoke, she was surprised to find that it wasn't a 'he' at all. And it was familiar. And furthermore, it was Cosim being addressed.

She almost flinched away when her hand was taken, but when the speaker identified herself as Vesna, she didn't know what to think. The voice was familiar enough...but she'd never had the chance to feel her sister's face before she lost her vision, so she couldn't know for sure. What would Vesna be doing all the way here? How did she even know where to find her? It didn't make any sense.

...And yet, why would anyone pretend to be her older sister?

One thing did pique her skepticism, though, and she couldn't help but voice it aloud, her words still wavering from the tears, "Vesna didn't wear bandages..." That was unmistakably what she was feeling, on the other woman's hand.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:18 am

"No one else is here, Sonya..." Cosim had never heard of this 'he' before. But now he had to. He had to know who this man was and why he was allowed to keep on living. Before he could ask, Vesna spoke up again.

"I think I'm different than you remember." She assured sadly. "There's alot I have to explain to you. I was in a fire...where I live. Everything burned down... These aren't my clothes... That's what you smell, I think. And...I need to explain that too..."

She was always intimidated by Sonya, if she had to be honest. It was frightening to her, sometimes, how much people could know-- how much more people knew than she did. That somehow, she was looked down upon, or that she would die not knowing something that everyone else knew, and not have a full life. That was, really, another reason she appreciated Diederik's company. He never claimed to be smarter, he only told her 'no' if she was wrong, and sometimes graciously never said anything. She couldn't imagine him causing so much fear in her sister.

"If it's alright with you-- Cosim can be right outside, you don't have to worry-- can we talk... privately?" She searched around for a suitable place. One of the cars had the word 'Ladies' painted on the side. That would do. It didn't matter who else was there, so long as it wasn't Cosim. She knew how he looked up to her, but she could still be in danger if he heard how she had just done nothing. And Diederik... She didn't ever want him to know he was anything more than a past nightmare. "In that women's car...?"
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 pm

At first, she hesitated, but after taking a moment to wipe her eyes on her sleeves, she motioned for Cosim to let go of her. Lightly gripping Vesna's hand, she patted her way to and inside of the ladies' car, pulling the much taller woman inside after her. She didn't feel very comfortable leaving him, with the pipe smell around... But if there was truly no Dutchman lurking behind the corner, then she supposed it was safe. Although she was also curious to know how he knew her sister, she guessed it would have to wait until later.

She knew the way to her bed without having to feel for it, having become accustomed to the layout of the women's car by then. Letting go of her sister, she sat down, waiting for her to do the same.

A fire had been mentioned (the mere word sending shivers down her spine), and something about how she wasn't wearing her own clothes, but it didn't make any sense to her. She needed the story from the beginning, or else she wouldn't be able to understand Vesna's train of thought. Whitened eyes staring blankly ahead as her mouth puckered in thought, she decided to start simple, "Why are you here? In this country, I mean. How long have you been here?"
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:05 pm

She forced herself to not see Cosim's expression, whatever it may have been (probably no good) and instead watched how determined and comfortable her sister was with maneuvering around without sight. It comforted her, in a way. She'd never figure her sister would get this far.

Having to duck around things hanging from the ceiling, she sat down on one of the cramped beds across from her sister. She had so much she wanted to ask about Cosim... But some things were more important.

She had the impulse to run as soon as the smaller woman began the question. But she had come too far and been through too much. Her answer wouldn't be as simple as the question.

"You know... After you were gone, Mamo told me you would be happier there. That people there could take care of you. That this was a great place." She paused to take in a shaky breath and laughed nervously. This wouldn't be easy. "I think she just thought to tell the stupidest one that... And I thought, if it was so great... Why don't I go? I liked watching moving pictures back home, you know... You remember? They were all from America. I wanted to be a part of that..."

She could only laugh at what came next. "But I ended up as a prostitute. Which... I don't really mind. I've been at it for a few years...At mystique." Here was where it would get at its worst. "I saw you were there... I was too afraid to save you..." Tears stung at her eyes, and eventually fell as she was silent and trying to control them. Anguish was in her voice. "I tried to save up money so that maybe I could buy you out. They wouldn't let me... All I could do was keep watch over you. To make sure you were as safe as you could be... Well.... You know-- you know what I mean. I just always hoped... Maybe somehow you would know I was there..."

Even more silence followed after that, punctuated by painful sobs. "I'm so sorry, sestra... I'm sorry..."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:26 am

Her face went slightly red as anger flared up in her heart--her mother had lied, then. But at least now she didn't have to feel so bitter towards her sisters, as well (or one of them, at least). Well...not as bitter, anyways. She'd voluntarily come to this place, when Sonya would have given anything to leave? For what, to chase a dream that was about as unrealistic as wishing upon a star. It was a petty thing to feel bitter over, but she couldn't help but feel that she would have gladly traded places, if she thought it was so great here.

And yet, that was nothing compared to what was coming next.

She struggled to grapple with what she was being told. Vesna was there the whole time? She'd seen the way she'd been treated, put into a little glass cage to run into desperately, spiraling into a mental breakdown each time? Her own flesh and blood had watched that while Cosim, a stranger who had never previously known or seen her, saved her? It was almost unthinkable--she felt like she might attack her own sister, blind and tiny or not.

But she forced herself to see reason. Cosim was a big man, capable of taking care of himself and protecting himself if he were to run into danger. Vesna was a woman, and just as alone and helpless in this country as Sonya had been. Watching over her was probably all she could have ever hoped to do.

"No, I didn't know," she replied shortly, struggling to keep her voice under control as her sister wept. She felt like crying, too, but there was more that she needed to know. "H-how did you find me?" And then, blurting out, unable to contain it, "Why do you smell like the Dutch captain?"
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 am

Okay. She was still able to talk to her sister. Maybe she wasn't forgiven, but at least she would be able to still explain herself. She was afraid after this she would be thrown out.

"I ran into a man who went here to go see that Franziska woman. I always thought you were dead. And that it was my fault. I asked him, and he said you were alive-- and happy... And I wanted to see you happy." She laughed through a sob. "I guess I didn't do it right."

But also she was afraid she wouldn't be thrown out. Her sister wouldn't understand how she felt differently about the captain. But she wouldn't pander to her fears, either. He was a good man, she was sure. If she would have stopped to think, perhaps her views on him were a bit superficial. The last pair of days she'd been around him she'd only slept. And the other times... He spoke more with his actions rather than his words. And his actions were unlike any she'd had before. But... Did she really know him well enough? No. She suspected her sister didn't, either.

"He was a...customer." She began, already hating how it would sound. "But... Not the usual." How could she even begin explanning what that meant. "I figured out that he had sold you there. So I told him to leave. I didn't think I ever wanted to see him again. But he left something there, and I didn't want it to remind me of him." That was when her stupidity kicked in. "So I went to give it back to him, and he wouldn't take it. He said it was an apology. And he said right out that he had done it." She wiped her eyes on her the sleeve of the shirt and the sobbing almost began again. "And I realized... We weren't so different. We both did what we didn't necessarily condone. But we survived on it-- and it doesn't make us bad people..." She didn't catch her words as they came, but to Sonya it must have been another testament to the fact that her sister was dumb as rocks. "He reminds me of home... He's a good person..."

She looked down at her hands, wondering what she would do with herself after things settled down. Soon she would have the opportunity to go back to the brothel. And she would take it, most likely. She would just have to wait until the other possible road prevented itself.

"There was a fire in the brothel and everything burned down. I had nothing." Absolutely nothing. "My art burned too, and I tried to save some of it. But all I got from it were these burns." She twitched her fingers again-- they moved a little more every day. "Piter took me-- well... Kidnapped me, I guess, to Diederik-- that's his name-- because he saw he cared about me and wanted leverage for... Something, I don't know. A place to stay, I think." Looking back she was glad it had happened. Who knows how she would have been if she'd stayed at mystique. "He got me to a doctor, and gave me his bed-- for nothing. I borrowed his clothes and came here today. He doesn't know." She wondered what he thought about it now.

"It's not what you want to hear... But thats the truth."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Sofia absorbed all of this information with a feeling like a fist was clamping down on her ribcage, forcing pressure to build up in her small body. Expression stiff, she was silent for a long while after Vesna had already finished talking.

Reaching out, with only the slightest of tremors in her hands, she found her sister's face. She'd never felt it before. Her fingers danced over the features lightly, becoming accustomed to them. She didn't bother to explain what she was doing. Then, once her method of identification had been satisfied, and Vesna filed away with all of her other faces, she took the other Ukrainian's cheeks in both hands. Standing up, not letting go, she positioned herself in front of her sister, keeping her head in place so that she knew where it was. She drew her hands away, the right one still held in the air...

And brought it back with a resounding smack, hitting her sister with her open palm across the face.

Afterward, she didn't move, right hand still raised in the air in front of her, the skin stinging where it'd made contact. She was trembling violently, breaths coming hard. She wasn't sure if she'd ever hit anyone before.

"I'm sorry that you lost all your things, and that you're burned. And you can stay with whoever you want, it's not my business," she said, voice choked. "But just remember: you survived by sacrificing yourself. He makes a profit sacrificing OTHER people," she spat this out far more hatefully than she would have ever guessed herself capable of, "Don't tell me 'he's not a bad person'!"

Hot, angry tears streaming down her face of their own accord, she stormed out, knowing that she would be unable to speak, let alone listen, at that point. As soon as she was in the open, she grasped around wildly and found Cosim, shaking and holding onto him like she was about to collapse.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 pm

She hadn't felt much of anything around her since the fire. But the sharp pain across her cheek brought her back to life. She didn't feel it was deserved. She didn't think he deserved that. Who was she to judge?

Anger flared up in her as well. After all she had done for her here-- after all her family had tried to do for her. They weren't rich. They couldn't keep someone around that couldn't work, that needed help, that wasn't well. And she was bitter with them for doing only what they could.

She stormed out as well, her steps heavy, determined to leave there, to not question her decisions anymore.

She sped by Cosim, who had lifted Sonya back up into his arms and was thouroughly confused.

"If you had someone else in mind that could survive by selling you, you should have fucking spoken up!"

Cosim tried to catch her as she marched off, like a child caught in the middle of an argument where a parent was leaving. "Vesna, wait...!"

"DON'T LOOK FOR ME."

She wiped the tears that were starting to fall again as she went back to the road, clutching her cheek and hoping they would run dry by the time she got back to the inn. Diederik wasn't particularly good at providing any emotional comfort.

Cosim was left in the dust, holding Sonya, knowing he should comfort her but not sure how to feel himself. Without thinking, he asked, "What did you do...?"
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:14 pm

"I hit her," she struggled to say through a sob, still angry herself, "Because sh-she's sleeping with the man that sold me to that...that place!" It hurt even more to say it herself, even without flat-out saying 'freak show', and it reduced her to uncontrollable weeping.

The way it seemed to her, her sister clearly just didn't give a damn about her. Possibly in a worse way than her mother, or even Diederik himself. How could she, if she knew exactly who he was, and agreed to do possibly the most intimate act known to humankind with him?

And clearly she hadn't gotten her point through that it didn't matter whether or not anyone could survive or profit by selling her--the fact was that she had been sold. Like a slave, or livestock, or some kind of inanimate object. Not even one that was desired or useful for work; one that was used for entertainment. To be humiliated and gawked at for the benefit of others.

If there had really been no better choice for her family, if they needed the money and needed her gone that badly, then she would have rather them filed for life insurance and pushed her off of a cliff.

Because really, she would have likely died in those conditions at Mistique, anyways. A slow and lonely death. The only thing that had prevented it was Cosim, and her mother had not sold her with the idea in mind that some man was going to save Sonya out of the blue. She knew damn well what she was getting her daughter into. She knew, and Diederik knew, and Sonya figured it out. But apparently Vesna hadn't.

Well that was fine, Sonya decided. Let her be stupid, if it made her happy. Let her be with that man who was barely a human. Like she'd said herself, it wasn't her business, as long as she didn't try to convince the blind girl that he was somehow not a monster. Because that was all he'd ever be, to the people he'd turned into objects to satiate his greed.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Well. He hadn't expected that. He wasn't quite sure what to say, except to tell her he would follow Vesna to wherever she was going to just to give said man the slowest, most painful death possible. But that wouldn't comfort her. He would have to bring it up after she was calm.

So he sat down on a nearby crate and held her, kissing her forehead and gently rocking her. What could he say, after such an experience? "You're not there. Not anymore. You don't need her. Let her ruin her own life..." there was hesitation in that, to say such things about the woman who raised him, but he had to say it. For her.

"This'll all blow over..." He was probably at the inn. "You won't ever see him again... Or her." Gouge his eyes out, see how he liked being blind.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:13 am

She began to calm down, as she always did, as he comforted her. If there was one definite good that had come out of being brought to this place, it was that she would have never met Cosim otherwise. In a way, maybe she could have thanked those who'd wronged her for that, but...she wouldn't. It wasn't through their doing that he'd found her. It was through his own. His own goodness.

Through the combination of his constant presence and love, he'd been elevated to some nearly-infallible figure of protection in her life. Sometimes she forgot altogether that he had a criminal history. It seemed almost ludicrous, when she considered it, now. Perhaps because she was only exposed to the best of him, all the time, she was barely aware that the 'worst' existed.

Which was why she didn't consider the danger in her words as she hiccuped, struggling to control herself, "H-how could she, though? He treated us like...like animals--" A stifled sob, "With cages, and--everything... I--" She couldn't continue; she had to press her hands to her face to repress the grief. After a few moments, she managed to mop at her eyes with her sleeves and murmur in a shaky voice, "No, you're right... I'll never see him again..."

Or so she hoped.

((Holy shit, I just thought of something--would it be okay if I brought Piter in, briefly? XD ...I like how I say "I need to get more sleep", so I stay up until 5. :I Sigh.))
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:14 am

((Sure lmao XD it's double jeopardy for Sonya... But Cosim rather likes both of them. XDD))

He continued to be silent, only to speak up with quiet words of love and reassurance, but his mind was racing at a mile a minute with thoughts much more sinister. The large spike he had in his belt for keeping tent ropes secured somehow weighed a little heavier. In his mind he was plunging it into the eyes of a man who currently had no face.

"Today is too much..." He murmured into her hair before kissing it. "How about I get you in your bed and stay there until you sleep...? I think you need it.... and" He lied to her so easily-- it must have been a cue he didn't catch that it shouldn't happen. "I have to get back to work..."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Sniffling, she nodded, for she certainly did feel emotionally exhausted. Even if she didn't feel like sleeping until morning, a nap would do her good.

Holding his hand, she went back inside the women's car, making sure to pause slightly in the appropriate places so that he could duck his head--even without being able to see what hung from the ceiling, she knew him and the car well enough to know where he could and couldn't fit. After pulling off her shoes, she climbed into her too-large bed, hiding all but her face under the sheets. Never letting go of his fingers.

"I love you," she murmured, already drifting off. Being the kind of sleeper that she was, it took but a minute for her to pass out entirely.

--

Piter was displeased. Extremely so.

He poked tenderly at his right eye, which had become all purple and red, and was bleeding slightly. This was completely outrageous. He'd never been so much as pinched by another human being in his entire life, let alone punched in the face. At first, the shock had made it almost too much to comprehend. It didn't help that he had just gotten over his mental breakdown, either--it was a miracle he hadn't relapsed, really.

But how could Ditya do this? Piter practically idolized him, and for what? To be given a black eye. Hadn't he rescued his whore? Hadn't he always made it clear how much he respected (well...as much as the spoiled Russian could show 'respect' for someone) him and wanted his attention? He treated nearly everyone like shit, but the one person he didn't rejected him in the most blatant way possible. And it hurt.

So he'd automatically gone back to the ragtags to demand that Franze make it better.

The only problem was, he couldn't find her. She didn't seem to be in her usual spot. So he'd asked for directions to the women's car, on the off-chance that she'd gone back to it, for whatever reason. Approaching it, he knocked firmly on the door (with the hand that wasn't burned, as the other one was still tender--Christ, he'd gotten more physical injuries in the past few days than he had in years).

"Is Franziska inside?" He called, as loudly as his monotone would allow for.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:28 pm

It never ceased to amuse him how easily she'd learned to maneuver around. Though he was still partial to carrying her, but she was happier this way.

She was asleep before he could return the sentiment, so he could only carefully pull his hand away and make sure the sheets were around her tight enough. After that, he took on a less loving demeanor as he reached to feel the weight of the pike in his hands.

But before he could, there was a knock at the door and a vaguely familiar voice announced that it was looking for that stick-thin whore.

Not feeling up to being quiet, he opened the door just a crack, --making sure it wasn't someone who would chastise him for being in the women's car-- and then stepped out, closing the door behind him. Being quite drunk when he'd met the man in front of him and the fact that a large portion of his face was now black and bloody, he replied gruffly, "Not sure. Check the animal tents." Wherever Itakshir was. "...There's a car with nothing written on it a ways down the line. It'll look empty... But it's not."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 pm

...Wasn't this supposed to be the women's car? It clearly said 'LADIES' on the side. And this was certainly not a lady. But he decided not to ask--it wasn't what he was interested in, anyways.

"My, my, comrade, it has been some time. By the lack of recognition in your tone, I can only assume that you don't remember me?" It was understandable...all things considered. Still, he couldn't help but be amused by the fact that he would meet this man again, and in such an unlikely way. Of course, it hadn't been necessary to attempt to stir the drinker's memories--Piter had already considered this, and decided it could only be disadvantageous not to. He didn't know if the giant would ever be useful to him again, but for sure, he would like to be on his good side, just in case. It was his nature to want to have a finger in every pie, after all.

Glancing at the stake in the man's hands, he raised an eyebrow slightly, "Oh dear, I do hope you weren't planning on hitting me with that." (It was a joke, but honestly, he wasn't going to put it past people to physically injure him, anymore.) "If that's the case, I'll be out of your way. My sincerest gratitude for the directions." He stepped aside pointedly, and made to turn around, but paused for a moment.

Pretending to suddenly remember something, he looked back.

"On the off-chance that you recall our conversation that day..." He held the taller man's gaze in his, lying through his teeth as easily as he drew breath, "I suppose you might be interested to know that we've succeeded in our plans...for the most part. Some things have unfortunately not panned out the way we expected, and therefore, I have no choice but to leave Miss Schuetzeneur here, for the time being. It is the only way."

He couldn't very well have the man recalling Piter's promise to take Franze back, only to see him doing just the opposite. When things didn't work out quite right, he always had to make sure to at least cover his tracks.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 pm

He blinked for a moment, trying to remember. It wasn't often that he was approached while drunk, so he should remember... aha. He remembered the face. He remembered the clothes. But hardly anything else.

Except one thing. He realized that he had no idea where this dutch monster was staying. And this man was supposedly from Mystique. And on the lower-class side of things. And maybe sympathetic to the freaks.

"Oh, no--" He laughed and stored the pike back in his belt. "I just have to get back to work. By the way," There was no easy way to segue into it. "Would you happen to know where the man who deals in the freaks over at mystique is staying? I heard he was in town." The man before him knew he wasn't too fond of whoever was selling the freaks. He had to cover for it somehow. "He's a friend of a friend." Technically true. He just hoped that 'friend' wouldn't be there to see it. She would either beat him away (which, despite his considerable growth since his childhood, he was still afraid of) or never want to see him again. He didn't know which was worse.

He also didn't remember what those plans were or what that conversation consisted of. "...I hope you find her. She... stands out quite alot."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Piter's mind was already racing, thinking of the possibilities that this simple request for information could present. He was no fool, he knew that this man was not inquiring into the freak trader's whereabouts for any good reason. If there was one thing he knew about people, it was that they did not take kindly to those that hurt their loved ones. But...'friend of a friend'... Could it be?

Earlier, Ditya had come pounding at Piter's door, demanding to know where his whore was. Of course, he hadn't known, so he told him as much. (Perhaps not in the most polite way possible.) And had gotten punched for it.

His whore was gone... The whore who was goldfish's sister. The goldfish that was romantically involved with this man. 'Friend of a friend'... Had the whore come to visit her sister, possibly betraying the fact that Ditya was in town to this giant, in the process? Piter had used the car, so he knew that she hadn't used it--she must have gone on foot. And he hadn't seen her on the way here...she must have been heading back...

And if he acted quickly enough, he could carry out a new plan before she even made it back to the inn. He didn't know for sure what this man wanted with the Dutchman, but he was willing to take a gamble.

"Yes, I know exactly where he is," he replied, turning his full attention to the strongman, "I should. He's the one who gave me this, earlier." He indicated his black eye.

"You know the woman named Vesna? The sister of...Sofia, is it? Anywho, Van der Linde--the freak trader--you know, he's fond of Miss Vesna, whose car just recently burned down at Mistique. I pulled her out from the fire...and I suppose a punch to the face was his idea of a 'thank you'." He didn't bother to hide the trace of bitterness in his voice; it was all part of the plan.

"I can't fathom what his problem is. I shouldn't like to insult your friend, but...that man is really just a horrid person, in all honesty. Besides that he trades people for money, he can't even be civilized when people do him favors." He faked an irritated sigh, then, "In any case...were you wanting to see him? I have a car, I can take you there, if you wish."

Franze could wait. He usually held it to be true that revenge was a dish best served cold, but...he was willing to set aside that ideology for now. Whatever this man wanted with the Dutchman was of no consequence to Piter, either way. Might as well take the chance that it was for vengeance.

After all, Ditya had rejected him; he was asking for it.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 pm

((Somehow I think piter would think in the same thought pattern while watching soap operas with Franze XDD))

This man was proving to seem worse and worse by the minute. Vesna just couldn't see it. She was caring, she was strong when she wanted to be and sometimes even when she didn't mean to be (she stood above just about every woman he knew, for christ's sakes--), and she could call out such disguised malice when she saw it between another couple... But not herself. For all he loved and respected her, she was stupid.

And of course, it only added to the desire to kill the man already set afire by how Sonya had been treated, how scared she was. The anger was just boiling over.

"Yes--" he stammered, trying to unclench his teeth enough to speak. "I would really like to see him. A ride would be... Appreciated."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 pm

((LMAO, yes--and he wouldn't mind the wooden acting, because it seems like normal behavior, by his standards. /shot XD))

If he were a less stoic person, he might have been extremely tempted to rub his hands together in wicked delight at his newest dastardly scheme. As it was, he just found himself noting the strongman's visible rage with deep amusement.

"Well, then, I shouldn't like to waste your time, so--my car is this way," he gestured for him to follow, making his own pace quick. If he just drove a little faster than normal, then they could likely make it there and back before Ditya's whore had a chance to show up. He didn't want to take the chance that she would throw any wrenches into the hastily made plan.

Unlocking the vehicle, he got in, wasting no time in starting it up and taking off. He couldn't be sure what the speed limit was here (it wasn't like there was an abundance of signs), but he was willing to bet that he was going at least thirty over. Oh well. If anyone asked, it was because everyone drove like this, where he was from. Which was true.

He didn't speak on the way there--he was preoccupied with trying to imagine what the giant was going to do. Hit him? Stab him? Kill him? He got goosebumps at the last one. He'd never concocted a plan in which anyone died before... At least, not in any life that he could remember. His dreams suggested otherwise.

It was exhilarating.

Coming to a screeching halt squarely in front of the inn, he unlocked the door for Cosim to get out. "His room is on the first floor, down the hall next to the bar, second door on the right," he informed him, calmly, "Ah...and if you don't mind, I'd rather you not mention that it was me who brought you here. I'm trying to avoid having any further interactions with him..." He pointed to his eye, "I'm sure you understand; I don't care to receive any more of these."
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 pm

From the moment Cosim entered the car, he was as quiet, as still as a stone. Only weeks since he had found his own wanted poster...and he was going to kill again. This one was long overdue.

The way there the only movements he made were running his hands over the metal stake. He suspected it would get less than halfway into the man's head due to its width. But, once the eyes were done with, he could always go for the temples. That was usually effective. He wasn't considering at all if this man had the means to fight him off or not-- a man who acted in such a way was always weaker. He didn't even consider if the man had backup. He'd heard something about a bar but it was only filed in his mind as a blueprint to get to his goal.

Not acknowledging Piter's request (he didn't hear and was sure he didn't even remember the man's name anyways), he made his way into the bar, stowing the stake in his pocket to look less suspicious. Eyes were drawn to him, but he wasn't the kind of man the rough men in the bar would really pay much attention to. So he slipped through the crowd and down the hallway with ease, stopping at the door, vaguely surprised he wasn't smelling fire and brimstone from it. Only pipe smoke.

He threw his elbow against the door, not wanting to have to knock twice. It made a dent-- the cheap wood splintered-- not enough for him to see inside, though.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 am

Piter watched him go, wishing he could follow to witness...but knowing it was safer not to. Oh well, he'd find out later whatever results came out of this.

As for Diederik, he'd been pacing the floor all morning, wondering what had happened to Vesna. He'd awoken to his usual metronome and no injured woman in his arms, nearly making him wonder if it'd all been some crazy dream. But it couldn't be, because a nightgown had been left in the room...and some of his clothes taken in exchange for it.

What was going on? Had she gone to her sister's, as she'd mentioned? Why hadn't she told him? Was she walking all the way there, alone?

There was a cloud of smog thick enough to cut through, in the room; he'd been smoking nonstop while he waited. Coughing slightly (his height didn't help; if he were shorter, he wouldn't be breathing in the worst of it), he figured he'd better open the window before he asphyxiated himself. But before he could, there was a sudden banging against the door and the sound of wood splintering.

Forehead creasing, he went to go see what it was, leaving his pipe on the table. If the boys were getting too rowdy, he was going to have to put a limit on the alcohol consumption...

Opening it, he was surprised to see a man that: a) he didn't know, b) was nearly as tall as him, though better-built, and c) apparently trying to break down his door.

"What the hell is this??" He demanded, gesturing at the damaged wood. It wasn't his property, but still...he didn't want to pay for it.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:42 am

Cosim was brought out of his stony hypnosis when smoke engulfed him, sending him into a coughing fit. He wasn't able to see the man clearly until the smoke cleared but... That changed things too. He wasn't some five-foot-something businessman. For once, Cosim had to look up to address someone. He wasn't comfortable with it.

And those lackeys were in viewing distance. There were...alot of them. One shot. That's all he had.

Without saying anything, he grabbed the taller man by the shoulder to pull him down to eye level and punched him back as much as he could, tackling him to the ground (which he had never had to do before with shorter people--) and staring him straight in the eyes before plunging the stake in the man's left one. He hoped it would hithis brain but... It was unlikely.

Hearing commotion from outside, he stood and spat on the man, muttering harshly, "An eye for an eye-- be glad you're alive with one left." There was no way he could get back out through the door, so he opened the window with some difficulty-- finally fresh air. In a last minute moment of a boy naively trying to protect his role model, he growled, "And stay away from Vesna. You're ruining her."

And with that, he just barely managed to fit through the window, covered in spattered blood and looking for Piter's car. Had he just left him there?
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next