Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khalil al-Amari

2 posters

Go down

Khalil al-Amari Empty Khalil al-Amari

Post  Dellusionaria Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 am

Human Name: Khalil ibn Aariz ibn Ishmael ibn Ibrahim al-Amari al-Jiddah al-Arabiyya (prefers to be called Khalil al-Amari in short ("The Friendly Prince"))

City representing: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

human age: 23 years old

sexual orientation: Heterosexual

birthday/zodiac: He doesn't really believe in the Zodiacs, and although the idea of birthdays appeals to him, he's not so sure WHEN he became an official city. ("Oh, somewhere in December..." he says, probably sees himself a Capricorn or Saggitarus)

Carnival alliance: Although he's only in diguise + belongs to recently rich family, Khalil had joined the Ragtags (he originally was supposed to be in Carnival Mistique because of Russia's suggestion but then they filled it up soooooo)

Special Skills or Talents: Being the 'son' of the Caliphate and a religion that treats the flaming sword as a sacred symbol, he performs as an expert fire eater/dancer/resister and can do numerous impossible things with his saif swords. Strangely, though, he's also a fast swimmer and a great help with loading cargo. Oh, and he can grant wishes and do magic.

Role in Carnival and how it relates to the history of your character: He's a horse whisperer, fire eater/dancer/resister, sword performer and all-around magician. (Due to his djinn blood.)Apparently, the Carnival was a chance for Khalil to travel around the world, so he joined in. This is also going to be a reason on why he's the most Westernized among the Saudi cities. And being a djinn (djinns are supposed to have good memories) he remains one of the very few unaffected by the false sun's explosion, so he'll probably be a key character in the restoration of some of the other carnival folk's lives.

Appearance:
Khalil al-Amari Jeddah11

Special personal items: His two saif swords, a sketchbook (he's been starting to get into art by this time) his Hasma necklace ( hand-looking symbol, important to both Jews and Muslims) a white bandana(he wore this back in WWI) an old kheffiyeh and four hoop earrings.

Anything Else: (I'm kind of tired of doing this in paragraph form, so I'll just enumrate them numerically.)
1. He has the abilty to sparkle, even if he hates it. (REFERENCE TO HIS GOLD MINES)
2. Unlike his father's, his hair curl kind of enhances his hearing.
3. Despite being a city in one of the most homophobic countries in the world, he sometimes leans to the queer side. /SHOT TO DEATH
4. He's trying to be less commando and being nice, but every now and then, his yangire side shows up.
5. Like all good Muslims, he loves cats. And like all Arabs, he also likes horses, camels and eagle-hunting.
6. Because of a sweet tooth, he's in love with chocolate.
7. Since he's still trying to explore the world abit in this AU, he gets this "OMG! I didn't know THAT!" face.
8. He's not human; he's a djinn/genie. (Well, you guys SAID having magic was okay!)
9. BECAUSE he's an Arab. never let him near an automobile; otherwise, he'll "play" with it.

AU Background history:
Even though his father had became immaculately rich after the first World War, Khalil grew curious. Curious of the world he didn't bother to explore since the Caliphate. But now he has the money to do JUST that. Unfortunately, he didn't want to explore it as some guy with loads of money, getting attention for the wrong reasons. So this is what he did: he went to his father and asked if he could travel around the world in disguise. At first, the Arabian was against this, but after a few days, he decided that this could be a hermit's journey for the young man.

So after packing the necessary things, having his father arrange the trip to Europe (where, at the time he decided to join, both the Carnival Mistique and the Ragtags were) and patched up his disguise(he figured he could do more travelling if he became a performer of some sort, and named himself "Jannat' Adn" for "flaming sword"), Khalil was off.

But his trip wasn't exactly that fortunate. The ship he took left at the same time the false sun exploded and altered the universe completely. Because of this, the ship entered to chaos and he blacked out. When he woke up, it had already been more than 3 years since he was knocked out, and he found himself on a lonely beach in the middle of some European country. This was where the Ragtags came into the scene and took him in. When he found out they were a travelling circus, Khalil took this as his chance for him to explore the world easily, offering his talents as a man of swords, fire, and magic. (Because most couldn't pronounce Arabic, they jsut called him "Jannat")

Eventually, though, he found out that something was wrong with the people around, and not just the Ragtags; alot of them were nations, cities, provinces, and a kind of people, but they their being was the ONE thing they couldn't remember in their lives. He was puzzled by this, but then he recognized some of the people in caravan. (And, apparently, the Carnival Mistique.) But the Mystique have gotten their eyes on Khalil; his talents and powers have been considered an advantage to anyone who knew of them and would want to use them to uplift their circus, particularly for the ringleader's hat. Most of the Ragtags don't know, but either way, they're overprotective of an important speculation like Khalil.

And this is how what was supposed to be a trip to knowing the world turned into a pschologically complicated mission for Khalil: to help ALL the people without djinnblood to remember who they were before the ship of his sunk, while he tries to survive life in the circus. And soon.

(Sweet JESUS. You guys have NO idea how hard it was to make a long and detailed app + re-do the app after reading all the announcements...OTL)
Dellusionaria
Dellusionaria
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Location : A broom closet in Quezon City, stalking you on the web

Back to top Go down

Khalil al-Amari Empty Re: Khalil al-Amari

Post  Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:00 am

Accepted~
I'm sorry :C this rp was kind of made on the fly

Admin
Admin

https://theaphcarnival.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellusionaria Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:01 am

It's okay. But I'm starting to like the new plan. I ENJOY using magic with my OCs. I hope it's alright if I give the RP a small subplot. I mean, they have to remember WHO they were somehow! O u O
Dellusionaria
Dellusionaria
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Location : A broom closet in Quezon City, stalking you on the web

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:08 am

Well they will remember through there dreams, so I wouldn't try being to forecful with trying to make them remember when they will do it on their own however he would make for a good catalyst for some of the more stubborn ones. Also you can place him in Mistique if you wish.

A subplot is more like a random event though to entice more people to post your character is more like a person who helps along the plot

Admin
Admin

https://theaphcarnival.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum