Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning the Midnight Oil

4 posters

Go down

Burning the Midnight Oil Empty Burning the Midnight Oil

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:19 pm

fffffff surgery-related pain kept me up last night (I can feel it all the way down to my knees--/sob), so here are some late-night sketches that I did. Disclaimer: I was tired, so I apologize for the poor quality. :I

Itak and Vienna based off of the famous V-J Day in Times Square photo. No reasoning behind it other than that I wanted to attempt the pose. XD

Terrible Mirza picture. It's said in Shi'a faith that red tulips bloom where a martyr's blood has spilt.

Concept sketch for Hanako. When I drew this, it was a "if I were to claim her" thing, but now I have, so...I guess it is no longer a 'concept sketch'. :I Rather, it's a reference pic. XD
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Burning the Midnight Oil Empty Re: Burning the Midnight Oil

Post  DIDNEY WORL Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:29 pm

DJFNDFFFCHLFJEFHEJ-- FFFF I didn't expect that photo XD but it's so cute fjsnfdn <3 and that reference sketch-- those patterns-- i can't even-- it's beautifulllll~~
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:36 pm

ffffff I'm glad you like it, although I just realized that the way I drew her holding the handkerchief, it makes it look like he's wearing a cravat. SO CLASSY. XDD And ffff thank you--I wish I'd gone with something more creative than a chrysanthemum theme, though. It's so typical and seasonal...and there are so many more poetic symbols. :I
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:21 pm

AGHH, THESE CLOTHING FOLDS ARE TOO MUCH FOR ME, PLUM--

<333 They look so perfect and ridiculous, <33 your ability is so wonderful. Still, I love the way you draw bodies and faces, as well.

/SOB Mirza and martyrdom together--I seriously do love the emotion involved in Shia Islam, and the marytrdom tulip symbolism is such an interesting concept to me. I love the way you portrayed it. <3 I AM SUCH A DORK FOR SHIA THINGS, LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW--
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

fffffffff Thank youuuuuu <3

Oh god, at first I was beginning to write a vignette-type thing about WHE!Arash hallucinating and talking to Mirza's 'ghost', but I was like "/SOB I CAN'T DO THIS--". :'I But yes, I love the symbolism of the tulip, which is also central to that poem that I am still working on (/TAKES FOREVER, ffffff--I had to cut out the beginning, so idk when it'll be done :I).

btw, do you mind if I bring Hanako into the Diederik & Auguste topic? I would just feel awkward going like "here's the freaks and stuff" and then making up some people, fffff XD
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:37 pm

fmgfdljkhlk ): If you wrote that, I do not think I would be able to read that without bawling my eyes out. I went back the other day to read the Mirza's death post, and honestly, I began bawling after about the first sentence I read. flksdglk <333 So excited to see this poem, ffff I don't mind, you can take forever, I do not doubt it will be so perfect and well thought out.

Ahhh, no, no, I don't mind. B) That would be fun. ANYWAYS, THERE ARE NEVER ENOUGH WOMEN FOR HIM-- Lmao yes, before typing it I was wondering how the business transaction would go about :/ but yess, be free to.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:22 pm

So again, I was up late (this time due to poor decision-making; drinking tea that is so dark that it's literally black is officially confirmed to be not a cool idea right before bed time--), and I have more dumpage for you all to suffer enjoy:

Hanako in ballpoint pen + sharpie. Remind me never to forgo using erasers again. :I AND JUST LOOK AT THAT CALLIGRAPHY, GOD IT MAKES MY EYES BLEED (though, in my defense, it was 5am when I decided to add in that bit :\). That is seriously probably the worst brushwork I have ever seen.
But if you're wondering, it's the first lines of Iroha...which my paranoia tells me that everyone probably already knows, but my anal retentive disorder tells me to explain anyways. SO ANYWAYS, it reads 'even the blossoming flowers will eventually scatter' (that is a stylized Japanese chrysanthemum she is holding, btw)--because we are obsessed with transient beauty, like that of the flower. And since Hanako's name is 'flower child'...yeah. :I /UNNECESSARY EXPLANATION, I'M SORRY--/sob

Some random Mace & Persia.

Fashion, Macedonia-style. B)

And then there is a REALLY crappy, half-assed comic-y thing that I did based on the first few lines of the Soviet army song, Polyushko-Pole (the original, not the remake done by Origa).

Page 1
Translations:
"Field, my field, my wide field...
the heroes ride over the field,
Hey! Heroes of the Red Army."

Page 2
Translations:
"The girls are crying,
the girls are sad today,
their sweethearts went away for a long time...
Hey, their sweethearts went away to the army..."

And so I leave you with that to go watch Harry Potter (because my mother and I are massive dorks). :I
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:53 pm

...I have to stop believing you when you say what you draw is half-assed or bad. YOU LIE-- /sob that hanako is gorgeousssssss !! And that comic-- love it B)
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Glory Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:08 pm

sdfjdkds Your style is so lovely :V /touches and holds dearly
and I love how you incorporated traditional Japanese stylization into your own style. Gion is such a lovely lady B)))

oh god those early 20th century fashions. You have such a talent for costume design, I am so jealous :I ffff lmaooo you should see the Macedonian infantry hats. :l SMURF HATS, I SWEAR.

I wish my mom was into Harry Potter :c /sob But go enjoy that movie B)
Major Glory
Major Glory
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

@babby: ffffff Thank youuuu <3 <3

I'M THE MOST HONEST PERSON I KNOW. I only say what I truly believe. :I /shot fffff that reminds me, I saw this video and laughed so hard. You see, if I were actually 'lying', I'd be like, "My scanner blew up, this picture is so bad. My artwork is so horrible that I get dislikes on Tegaki. I tried to commit seppuku with my pencil after drawing this pic, but it melted before I had a chance." /shotdown forever XD

@panic: Hnnnnng thank you <3 I will be honest, that chrysanthemum was the whole point of that pic, because I love the way the petals of Japanese chrysanthemums curl. XD

I <3 Vintage, so much. B) The bolero suit is one I would seriously like to have irl (different colors/patterns, though--speaking of which, I wish I could have drawn it in color :\). SMURFS CAN BE STYLISH, TOO--

lol, I think my mom is even more into it than I am. XD But then again, this is the lady who played LoZ while pregnant and beat all of the games before her children. :I XD
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:57 pm

LMAO XD that video fffff the way the godzilla laughed-- XD fff her and odessa:

"Hanako, you're so pretty!"
"No. I'm actually the ugliest person here."
"....."
"...."