Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Animal Kingdom [Vesna/Public]

Go down

The Animal Kingdom [Vesna/Public] Empty The Animal Kingdom [Vesna/Public]

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:07 pm

"Behold, the bridegroom cometh. And no oil for my lamp, as usual. A foolish virgin me. Oh, foolish anyway."

She shouldn't have gone.

"Tell me goodbye."

"I'll do no such thing."

It was stupid to go. To think that she could find a middle ground with someone who thought so narrowly. Granted... She wasn't trying to see anything from her sister's side, but her sister was blind (mostly figuratively) to her side too. It wasn't what family was for.

Oh, you will...! You must!.... And may we never see each other again, so long as we both shall live...!"

She didn't have a family anymore. Her mother had called her foolish for traveling all the way here. And for what? The moving pictures. Instead she was just sitting and watching one. Watching what could have been. She had slept with a man in a bathroom in another man's clothes for tickets for a few consecutive movies and a large well-hidden bottle of whatever alcohol was strongest in that convenience store. So she could stay for a while in her could-have-been and not go out to a world without family and without dreams. She could act as tough as anyone else but she was as weepy as the rest of the women who shared her DNA. Her life was despicable by most standards, but it was also routine; always the same thing. It was safe, and dare she say easy. But that had burnt down. And until it was resurrected, like some syphilitic Phoenix she would continue to live in the real world.

She took another long swig from the bottle. It might have been sherry.

"Oh... For all our talk we still belong in the animal kingdom..."

((quotes from the 1932 fantastic movie "The Animal Kingdom"... Which I'm watching right now B)))
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down