Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broos Van De Haven

2 posters

Go down

Broos Van De Haven Empty Broos Van De Haven

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Human Name : Ambroos “Broos” Van Der Haven
Country/City/State/Province representing: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
human age: 32
sexual orientation: straighttt
birthday/zodiac: who cares even.

Carnival alliance: Allied with Mystique through business
Special Skills or Talents: He's really good at taking interest in too many things and then ending up without a concentration in one thing to have a job and then glomming on to the family business even though he condemns it but really likes to travel.

Role in Carnival and how it relates to the history of your character: He works with Diederik as a trader (Rotterdam was one section/cabinet of the Dutch East India Company) making up for the kindness and interest in people his brother seems to be deficient at. He's a devout catholic and cares greatly for the plight of people (Erasmus--), but also at the same time needs money, since his injury has forced him out of most work from disability.

Appearance (please include a short detailed paragraph or picture): Picture soon, maybe :'I He's 34, 6'3”, dark brown hair is slicked back in the traditional 30's way if it isn't covered by a hat. He doesn't skimp on clothes and usually wears a full suit (Biggest port and 2nd busiest port in the world, gotta look nice--) He wears a full-leg prosthetic that begins about halfway down his right thigh. It doesn't move so well but he takes the chance to upgrade when he has it.

Special personal items: He carries a rosary in his pocket, just in case, you know, all of them go to hell, he has insurance.

Anything Else: he refuses to walk with a cane-- if it's one thing he refuses to lose, it's pride (and he lost that to Shanghai, the 1st busiest port in the world in 2004--)

AU Background history: He was a promising student until he was caught under the beam of a burning building (most likely arson-- Rotterdam Blitz, ww2), and very nearly died. His bright future career came to an end after the leg that had been caught had to be taken off, and he spent years learning how to walk again (FYI-- by the 1930's there still wasn't an effective suction method for above-the-knee prosthetics... which is probably dangerous to be on a boat with--), but it never really was the same. He tried to get back into school, but studied too many things too thinly to advance on to a real career so he signed on to his brother's crew as the unnecessary (or necessary?) public relations man... and conscience.

(I wish there were more on it, but all I find is the blitz, and famous people there, and what not. :/)

Last edited by DIDNEY WORL on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Broos Van De Haven Empty Re: Broos Van De Haven

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 pm

"...What do you want heaven insurance for. There's no red light district in heaven. :l"

/shotdown

Alright, now I gotta app Den Haag--so the crew can have it's Kirk/McCoy/Spock trio. XD (But seriously, if The Hague ends up being like I think he will, they would be so fitting for that parody:

McCoy: humanist
Spock: pragmatist/rule-follower
Kirk: captain, eternally stuck between the two--though in Ditya's case, he still never picks the 'right' option :l XD)
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 am

Lmao he can't argue with that :I XD He can just try to convert Vesna so she won't--

"I'm Jewish. :\"
".....oh." /SHOT XD

Forgot to add-- he can get pretty viciously competitive (first highrise in the world, largest port, got beat out for busiest, etc--), so don't challenge him to a foot race, that would be sad :I /shot
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum