Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anahira (Rakiura)

3 posters

Go down

Anahira (Rakiura) Empty Anahira (Rakiura)

Post  ArtingStarvist Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Human Name: Anahira
Country/City/State/Province Representing: Rakiura/Stewart Island, New Zealand
Human age: She was told she's 21.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Birthday/Zodiac: She doesn't keep track, never did.
Carnival Alliance: Ragtags
Special Skills: Tattooing, stomaching almost anything, sulking, biting people who come too close and piss her off, Twirling poi balls when untied.
Role in Carnival and how it relates to the history of your character:
Anahira is refered to as 'The Cannibal Queen of the Pacific' and for a very good reason. She will eat just about anything placed in front of her, even human flesh. (The Maori were cannibals, but under certain circumstances. Not anymore, obviously.) She does not enjoy it, as it was not acquired in the correct way, (Traditionally, the flesh of fallen enemies was cooked and eaten to destroy the enemy's 'Mana' or spirit, which death alone could not destroy.) but she doesn't see anything wrong with it, unlike the Pakehas(White people). Her tattooed appearence also adds a sort of thrill to watching her in action. She was held down and forcibly tattooed, once, to make her look more outrageous, but she refuses to do so again until she gets to the rank in which she can recieve the tattoos on her back and chest. Besides, they got the symbols wrong and she cried for a long time and refused to eat. (Maori are VERY offended if they see someone with the Maori symbolism in their tattoos, and having the wrong symbolism on them would be devastating.) She is normally kept away from crowds through bars or windows, and is usually tied up to restrict the use of her arms, prompting her to acquire a rather fearsome bite.
Appearence:
Anahira (Rakiura) Image14
Special personal items: Her traditional clothing and necklace, which protects her from evil spirits. Her headband never leaves her sight. Her poi balls travel with her.
Anything Else: She does not like to be touched and doesn't like to talk to many people. Partially because her English is poor and partially because she is scared of these other, strange people. (One in four girls in New Zealand is sexually abused before the age of 15. 35.1% of that is Maori, which is roughly twice as much as European girls.)
AU Background history: Anahira was raised by her tribe until the pakehas came. After that, it was all a blur, and the next thing she knew, she was being transported to Europe to 'study' the white people in London. Unfortunately, she was lost while being transported there, and conned into joining the Ragtags, in all her naivete. Over the years, she's become rather jaded and closed off when it comes to others.
ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Anahira (Rakiura) Empty Re: Anahira (Rakiura)

Post  ArtingStarvist Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:37 am

U-Um..... Is there something wrong with this application? I-It still hasn't even been commented on and.... Well, I feel inadequete because I feel like I've done something wrong.....
ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:02 am

<3 <3 I don't think there is anything wrong. She's such an interesting character, you're so good at this stuff. B)

I assume this was just run over. :l That happens a lot.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:05 am

Sorry, I didn't see this orz

Accepted~
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down