Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[B&E, Transi/Itak/Iran, public]

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[B&E, Transi/Itak/Iran, public] - Page 2 Empty Re: [B&E, Transi/Itak/Iran, public]

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 am

Arash was glad Itakshir had finally come to. Arash didn't really like normal Itakshir- but he liked normal Itakshir a lot better than this tranced Itakshir.

Arash glanced behind him, one more time, when he walked back to the fence. The mutant was glaring at him. It intimidated Arash. Would that put some sort of curse on him. He held the robe in his hands tightly. It was soaked, as Arash was, but that was fine. The piece of cloth was comforting.

He didn't say anything, as he sneaked through the fence, or as he entered the front seat of the car. He had to sneak little looks at this 'freak.' She didn't seem to be a mistake, she just seemed to have suffered from some other mistake. It was also a little uncomfortable to stare at her. She had burns- much deeper, uglier burns than Arash had ever had, all over her. Why would they be showing her off? Why would people pay to see her...?

Arash seemed a little nervous, but at the same time he was glad to have escaped. He fumbled with the keys, but got to putting them in. He placed the robe in safe keeping, on his lap. Obviously, he would not trust Itakshir or the two in the back with it.

The car got going after a few sputters, and Arash drove off.

"...I don't see how they're better than us." was all he really had to reflect from that trip.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

[B&E, Transi/Itak/Iran, public] - Page 2 Empty Re: [B&E, Transi/Itak/Iran, public]

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:09 am

It struck her, as they were driving off, that her book of physics had been left behind. Painfully, she had to accept that there was no going back for it, despite it being the last thing she owned in the world. Her freedom wasn't worth risking over it. 
She thought she'd heard the belly dancer's voice outside...maybe she would find it and keep it safe; Sonya understood that she was an admirer of books. And a physics textbook recovered from the ruins of Chernobyl? That was certainly a collector's item.

So, after comforting herself with this thought, she turned to the next issue at hand. Reaching out, she found his hand and used it as a starting point, moving up. Her fingers found the shackles and explored them carefully; they were certainly not props, but the real deal. So he'd been a prisoner, too. 
Moving up his arm, she found his face and let her fingers travel over his jaw, cheekbones, the bridge of his nose...she wanted to put--well, not exactly a face, but a feeling of a face, to the person who had saved her. Once she finished, she held his head in both hands and kissed the side of it, murmuring, "Thank you."

Those two words weren't really enough to express her gratitude, but they were a start.

Itakshir also had to sneak some peeks at the newest member of the group, nearly laughing out loud when he saw Cosim getting his face groped up. He gathered that the girl was blind (not to mention badly burned), but...what exactly was up with her eyes? They had white centers... It was kind of scary. He wondered if she was possessed by something.

He turned around in his seat just as Arash was expressing his opinion. "I know!" He complained in agreement, "So what, they show off people they kidnap and keep in cages? That's not even cool. Even our animals get treated better than that!" He may have been simple, but at least he could tell it like it was.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:32 am

He watched her as she felt around his shackles, no surprise or fear at all showing on her face. Well... He wondered how long she'd been blind, then. The farther one got into blindness the more they forgot what expressions looked like. But the fact that there wasn't really emotion at all when before he had seen her frightened... It comforted him.

He was shooting a glare at Itakshir, and say something about how it wasn't something to laugh about when she took his face and kissed his cheek. He forgot what he was angry about. It was a good thing she couldn't see how red his face was. He wasn't used to human contact of any kind, let alone someone feeling up his face and then kissing him. He had to admit, he was interested to see what she thought of his face, since she didn't seem frightened about that either.

"I was... Just doing what was right." He finally managed to speak. "Anyone else would have done the same..."

He looked over to the robe in Arash's lap. Why was he keeping that? It wasn't very useful for intelligence.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:51 am

Arash couldn't help but look back for peeks at the girl. Arash was not a very good driver, and he'd only learned to drive recently. The car kept turning off the road, and slowing down whenever he would look at her. It provided for a very bumpy ride home. He wasn't looking her like he looked at that fishgirl...He wasn't looking at her as others would. But he was trying to find more about her. She was a new person, a former freak, and he was curious.

"Ask her what happened to her face." Arash told Cosim, in Russian. He assumed the girl wouldn't know Russian. Everyone spoke English here, only a few people spoke Russian. "Is she safe? Make sure, we can't keep her if she's not." She had burns and something with her eyes- but that could have been a result of something contagious. "Why was she in there?" These weren't really questions, but more like demands for answers. Arash did not want to bring something home that could potentially kill them all. It would be hard to get rid of her, if something was really wrong with her, though. Cosim seemed to like her. He said he liked big breasts.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 am

"I was caught in an explosion, that's what happened to my face," she answered back in perfect Russian (she'd probably been speaking the language longer than all three of them), said face hot with a mixture of shame and indignation.

But despite her initial defensiveness, she was hesitant to say anything else on the matter. Sure, she understood how radiation worked, but others often didn't. That was the whole reason she was even in the place she'd just escaped from. People didn't understand what they feared and vice-versa.

On the other hand, if she didn't explain, her brief answer could seem more than just a little fishy. Explosions didn't exactly work the way the burns were distributed on her skin. And she wasn't exactly caught in the explosion itself, or else she'd probably be dead. No, it was only in the hours after the initial blast that the burns began to grow across her skin, like some sort of flesh-eating disease.

"I was a physicist..." She began hesitantly, "At a nuclear power plant..." How to proceed? She had no clue how they'd react if she revealed that she was from the Chernobyl disaster, but if experience had taught her anything, then the answer was 'negatively'.

Thankfully for her, she was given more time to think when Itakshir interrupted, "What's that? 'New clear power plant'?" He turned to Arash in confusion, "It is some kind of a vegetable?"
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 am

"I'm not going to ask her anything." He snapped back in the same language. It seemed wrong to him to just interrogate the girl right out. He didn't want her to get the wrong idea. He would just assume that she was a girl in an unfortunate... Very unfortunate accident.

Cosim did wonder, though... Would they be able to keep her with them? He didn't know if she had any skill, and he certainly wasn't goig to parade her around as a freak. He had learned early on that everyone there had to pull their own weight. But she probably couldn't pull any weight at all. In the caravans,
The women stayed in one part, the men in another. He supposed he could ask Güzäl to look after her. She did owe him alot that she never paid back.

He snapped out of his reverie when he heard her actually answer. He guessed it explained alot but... Her appearance even ignoring the burns didn't seem to fit the profession.

And as long as Arash was being questioned now... "Why the he'll are you holding onto that robe, anyways?"
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 am

Arash looked away from her, rather flustered that she understood him. He seemed to have offended her, he didn't mean that. He didn't mean to offend fish-woman, either. But he did.

"Sorry..." he muttered out, his eyes finally turning on to the road. Somehow, they got in the wrong lane. Fortunatly, there weren't many people on the road that night. He was quiet- until Itakshir asked him that question. He let out one rather loud scoff.

"Na, of course it's not a vegetable. It's- it's a new kind of place for getting power." Arash tried to read up on these scientific things. He knew his country was behind, behind compared to these other places- but Arash didn't want anyone to know about that. "They use nuclear physics- so people can have power..." He really didn't know much about it. The physicist in the back probably knew about it, so Arash didn't want to say too much, and make himself look like an idiot. Usually he just bullshitted everything to Itakshir. Itakshir didn't know anything, so that was easy.

Then there was the question about the robe on Arash's lap. Again, he looked flustered, as he glanced down at it. That pretty woman gave it to him-, he couldn't just throw it away. Pretty women rarely even spoke to him- but this one gave him a robe.

"I found it lying around somewhere!" he snapped, his tone was very defensive. "And- it looked very nice, I thought my mother would enjoy it! People shouldn't just throw away things, it's wasteful." In reality, he was being pretty selfish with the item. He had no use for it, but he wanted to keep it for himself.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:31 am

Itakshir still didn't get what 'new clear' meant. Or 'fizz-icks'. And as far as he was concerned, power was something that was generated magically. One could pretty much see the gears in his head moving at a painfully slow rate as he tried to process the information. Finally, he gave up and shrugged, "I don't get it." Science. Not his forte.

In the meantime, Sofia was trying to work out her own conundrum. Okay, they'd taken the news about the power plant without much question, that was excellent for her. And she accepted the driver's apology--people at Mistique had said far crueler things without feeling bad for it at all. But now that the initial high of liberation was wearing off, she was beginning to wonder what she was going to do now. Would she be accepted at the new circus? Sure, they'd helped her out of the goodness of their hearts (she guessed), but that could only last for so long until she just became a burden. Could she work for a living? All she was good for was intellectual pursuits (which carnivals generally weren't interested in) and being shown off as a weirdo. Maybe she could be taught to do something, anything, in time, but for now...she needed to give them a good reason to keep her around. Collateral. Not to mention she felt like she really did owe them something.

What could they want? They must have been sneaking into Mistique for something, most likely to try and sabotage it. She knew all about the rivalry between the two groups. But they'd failed, probably because they didn't know enough about their enemy. She did, though. People didn't take her as much of a threat (and why would they?), so they had no reservations about spilling Mistique's dirty laundry and whatnot around her. She heard a lot of things.

"I...I can tell you anything," she offered nervously, seemingly out of the blue, "Anything you want to know about Mistique..." It was all she had. She hoped they'd be interested.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Cosim was really not sure what to ask regarding the secrets of the carnival. He was just wondering if her burns needed attention, and if they did, how long they'd been allowed to fester like that. But he would get there when they got back the their own carnival.

There was something eating at his mind though. If she knew the answer then he'd surely be taking a second trip back.

"Do you know where Dimitrie Ionescu stays?"

A selfish first question, but she said she would answer everything. There was time for that.

DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:20 pm

"I...I can tell you anything."

That was all they needed. They didn't fail this mission, she was willing to tell them anything. They could get ahead if they knew all of Mistique's secrets. Well- they'd never have the money Mistique had, but they could have everything else.

"Do you know where Dimitrie Ionescu stays?"

Arash frowned.

"No, no, that doesn't matter, ignore Zahorchak- he's new." He stated, waving a hand through the air. It may have mattered to Cosim, but it didn't do anything for Arash, so it really didn't matter.

"How do they attract so many people...? Ehh- the acts, what are the main acts? Do they have any secrets that get them so far ahead? How do they get so much money?" They had to do whatever they could to beat their rival. It was good of Zahorchak to kidnap this girl.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

She didn't know who to listen to (the driver--she could tell he was driving because of the direction his voice came from--seemed to be in charge, but the man next to her was the one who saved her), so she answered both questions.

"Dimitrie Ionescu?" She was no fan of the man. She didn't know who was. "Near the brothel, I assume. ...We were in the animal cars, just now," she explained, "He's in charge of the prostitutes--their cars have numbers on them, I heard." That's what it sounded like when men talked about them anyways: 'car number nine was good' and whatnot.

Now then, about Mistique itself. "I think they trick people into coming...they have a guy, his job is to do that. He stands around the entrance and makes passerby go to the ticket office. It's really expensive, but he can get people to pay, anyways." It sounded like coercion, but hey--that's what it always sounded like to her, so that was how she described it. "Their main acts... They have a fortune-teller, a belly-dancer, a juggler, a strongwoman, a fire-eater..." She frowned, now that she was really thinking about it, "I don't know...it's not anything special. It's just fancy. A lot of people come for the freaks, I think..." Yeah, that must have been it. She heard that the ragtags didn't have freak shows.

"They have a lot of 'freaks'," she added quietly, "More freaks than performers, I bet..." Well, minus one, now.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm

"Figures." He muttered; it was unclear which answer it was directed at.

But, after listening to her, he was getting the sense that she didn't much like talking about the carnival. "Well you won't ever have to go back. We'll find something for you to do... Something." He also realized he had no idea who she was. It was time to get to know her as a person than as a former member of the mystique freak show.

He had to laugh a little-- the whole thing was so hectic, he had forgone asking, though Arash had told him what to do so many times, she probably knew his name. "I didn't quite catch your name... I think that's pretty important."

Maybe he shouldn't have let Arash behind the wheel. Reaching his arm up to the front seats, he slapped the Middle-Easterner in the temple (retracting his hand immediately-- he was wearing so much makeup) and told him to watch the road. He did not escape jail, find his sister, break into a carnival, steal a girl, and find his brother just to die in an old jaloppie accident.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:37 pm

"We need someone who can trick people to coming..." Arash frowned. "That's what we don't have...We- we don't need freaks." He knew that wasn't true, but he didn't want to have to use the freaks like that. It was bad enough looking at them- but exploiting them... That was wrong, Arash knew that. Everyone should know that- even those that weren't as moralistic as Arash.

"Owwww-" Arash exclaimed, when the strongman's hand came against his head. A deep frown creased across his face, as he rubbed his face. The makeup smeared even more, and Arash's hand was dirty with his mother's makeup. He didn't dare rub it off on the robe. He just rubbed it off on his shirt. Of course, this distracted him even further from the road.

"Itakshir- find me something to, eh- wipe my face with." He ordered to his simple commrade. He looked ridiculous with the makeup.

He took another glance at the blind girl. Hardly a moment passed where Arash was actually staring at the road. "I'm Arash- Can you do anything that people will pay to see? Any talent? "
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 pm

((GOD DAMN IT. I thought I already replied to this. :'I /writes all over again))

Itakshir tossed his hat over to Arash, not caring whether or not it got dirty with makeup. ...Mostly because it wasn't even his. He'd acquired it from the trunk full of costumes used for the show. ...Or at least, he assumed it was. It could have just as easily been someone's trunk full of personal belongings. He wasn't always as respectful as possessions as he probably should have been--he'd never understood materialism in any way, shape or form.

However, he did still take issue with one thing. "Dude, you have a rag right there on your lap; it's damp and everything. Why not just use that?" Shaking his head, he turned and grinned at the new girl (unnecessary in retrospect, since she couldn't see his expression), "I'm Itakshir. My bro Arash here thinks I'm his new henchman or something," laughing, he playfully punched the driver in the arm--not a very smart move, but apparently road safety wasn't a concern here.

Sonya nodded to all of them, somewhat heartwarmed, in a way, that none seemed to support the idea of using freaks as a means to get money. "Sofia Rostislavivna," she introduced herself shyly, and then, deliberating, admitted, "I don't have any talent. I mean...I didn't choose to join the circus..." Quickly, though, she added, "But I can't go back, either. I could be taught to do something...I'm sure..."
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:07 pm

He wasn't sure what she could do. But he was sure she was going to stay there. "When we get back, I can put you with one of the girls there, and you can help them... Somehow..." He felt like he didn't want to just give her away though. It seemed unfair, after all, he was the one who saved her.

"Arab--how far until we get there?" He was unaware of his mistake. And seeing the way he drove, he wouldn't be surprised if they were totally lost by now. But he was sitting next to her, so they could be lost for as long as there were roads. But maybe some of their fellow carnies were wondering if they had somehow died, they had been gone so long.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Somewhere in the course of Arash wiping the makeup off his face, they drove off the road again. The old car made it especially obvious, when they did so. However, Arash didn't care. There was black and tan stained all over the hat, now. He was not satisfied until he had wiped all the makeup off, that he knew was on. That meant for a very bumpy ride for the next minute or so.

He tossed the hat back to Itakshir when he was done with it. Itakshir could do whatever he wanted with it. It was of no concern to Arash.

"I told you, this robe is for my mother. She doesn't even know that I used her makeup- not only would I ruin her gift, but she would find out I borrowed her makeup. What do you think she would do if she knew I wore her makeup? What would she think?" Arash gave a snappy lie to Itakshir. He was a master at lying.

Arash recieved Itakshir's light punch, he swerved off the road even more, and darted a glare at Itakshir.

"Arab--how far until we get there?"

And that glare was darted away from Itakshir too quickly. His face scewed up into some strange look of rage.

"Arab?!" Arash exclaimed, he slammed on the breaks in the middle of the road. Zahorchak was new and stupid- did he not understand that Arash was distinctly Persian. (Well he was an Iranian mutt of sorts, but he was mostly Persian, so that was what he said he was. And he said it with pride.)

"Look at me? Do I look like an Arab? You do see my face, my features? Are you blind? Do I sound like an Arab?! No. Do I act like an Arab?! No, not at all. I am Persian! Have you seen my mother, she is obviously Persian as well- That is why she is so beautiful." his voice was raising louder, as he got more defensive. "I would probably not know where I am, if I was an Arab. But no- we are almost there, I know this, because I know how to drive, because I'm not an Arab. Look, we're right next to the road to the carnival-"
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:14 pm

The car was swerving worse and worse by the second, and while Sonya was thankfully not prone to motion sickness, it did make her nervous. This was even worse than when the caravan cars were in motion. She wondered if this driver was just as blind as she was. Almost without thinking, she held onto Cosim's arm, needing something to keep her steady (seat belts were apparently non-existent in the dilapidated old car).

And it was probably a good thing she did, or else she might have gone flying when the car suddenly screeched to a halt. Itakshir, on the other hand, was not so lucky--he went flying forward face-first into the dashboard.

And then Arash turned and started yelling at them (well, at Cosim, but it felt like she was being shouted at, too), which only intensified her fear, to the point where tears welled up in her eyes. She was blind, in the middle of nowhere, in a car with three male strangers, and a fight seemed ready to break out. Not the best of situations.

Itakshir, too, got decidedly nervous. He could sympathize, to an extent; he was livid whenever people assumed Ainu were Japanese. But that didn't mean he wanted to see his friends arguing with each other. Coming away from the dash with a slightly bloody nose, he groaned and rubbed it before putting a hand on Arash's shoulder. "It's okay, man, calm down. He didn't mean it, he just didn't know." Well, maybe he did, but Itakshir would pretend like he didn't. He had no clue what an Arab was, but he made a mental note to never, ever address somebody as such. It was apparently a terrible insult. "Let's just get home, yeah?"
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:36 pm

((I should not have laughed so hard thinking about Itakshir slamming into the dash XD The mental image was just dnfksng XDD "AHAHAHAHAH---/unconscious" XD))

He could only revel in the fact that she was touching him for a brief moment before Arash (still with remnants of makeup on his face) turned around to screech something or the other (if he had stopped to hear it, he would realize that he hated being called moldovan just as much as Arash hated being called an Arab). All he heard was the angry noise, and his reflexes sprung into action.

His arm wrenched out of Sonya's grasp as his fist collided with Arash's face. Then the other one did the same, and before he knew it, he was almost in the front seat punching the man's lights out.

You shouldn't yell at an escaped convict. One may think it should be a rule of life.

DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Arash heard Itakshir saying something, but that was all he knew Itakshir was saying- something. He recieved a firm punch to the face by the strongman. A punch to the face by the STRONGMAN. His nose was bleeding, it was broken too, already. He let out one slight noise, indicating how much pain it was. That noise was interrupted by another firm fist to the face. Arash fell backwards, letting out another muffled shout. He felt more punches, they hurt his already disfigured face, his burns made him sore enough as was. His nose had let out a gush of blood, some splashed onto his so precious robe.

"St-o-" he cried. He couldn't, because he was punched again. His hands reached for Cosim's arms, to pull them off, but he couldn't do it. "Sto-" he couldn't say the word, through his now bloodied lip.

Another punch, and that was all Arash could take. He was out. Even if Arash did wrestle as a hobby- he was no match for the strongman.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Sonya's shriek and Itakshir's shout of surprise were totally lost in the commotion as the anger exploded into a one-sided fist fight.

Itakshir really did not want to have to fight Cosim. Besides the fact that he felt no reason to (it took a lot to make him angry enough to start throwing punches), he knew that his odds of winning would not be very good. He was strong, yeah, but there was a reason why this guy was called the strongman.

Not even bothering to try and waste words on calming the taller man down, he fumbled with the latch on the door behind him, letting it swing open to let in the cool night air. Then, hastily but with some awkwardness, he grabbed Arash's limp body by the torso and dragged him over the stick-thing that controlled the vehicle and out the door. The poor Iranian suffered more than one extra blow by the time it took him to do all this and get him to safety.

In addition, Sonya had taken the time to chose the option of 'flight' in the 'fight or flight response'. She did not finally gain freedom to somehow get killed in a brawl that was taking place in the close confines of a car. She was not one of these men; one strong fist to the face, and she would be lucky if it only put her in a coma.

Hands shaking as her heart beat frantically, she managed to find the door handle and half-stumble, half-fall out into the open. In the adrenaline rush, she forgot entirely that she had no shoes, nowhere to go, and not even an idea of where she was at. She stumbled off blindly into the night.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm

((Stick-thing? FIRST YOU RUIN THE DULCIMER AND NOW THE STICK SHIFT-- /shot))

Only when his bloodied fist came down onto the worn hard leather seat did he realize the man was gone. As quickly as his anger came, it washed away. His anger pulled him in like a child is caught under a suddenly-appearing wave on the shore, then is spit back into the sand just as quickly, scraped from the debris and confused.

He was the only one in the car now, he saw, winding down and lowering his fist. Arash and Itakshir he could see on the other side of the country road, lit only by fireflies. But where was Sofia?

He immediately panicked. Both sides of the road were covered in tall wheat, and judging by the mown down stalks and which car door was opened, she had gone to the one on the right. There were snakes in there-- snakes and rodents and things she could not protect herself from-- things he wanted desperately to protect her from.

Without a word or another glance at the other two men, he barreled into the crop, trying to find any sign of where she went. She couldn't get away-- something about her... It just made him feel at ease, understood, something... He didn't want to lose that feeling.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 pm

((YO, IT AIN'T MY FAULT ITAK DOESN'T KNOW CARS. :I Also, I laughed at first at 'rodents', but then I remembered that Adilet is nearby. PLAGUE RATS--/sob))

Relieved that the rage had passed as quickly as it came, Itakshir was about to address Cosim right before he, too, exited the vehicle and went barreling off through the adjacent fields. It took him a second to realize that the girl--Sofia, was it?--was missing from the backseat. Honestly, he hadn't noticed her leaving, amidst the chaos.

Well, while those two were away, he would take the chance to try and wake Arash up. It didn't seem like he was injured too severely, though his nose could possibly be broken. He was no doctor, so he couldn't tell. And he wasn't about to try and touch it to find out, and end up making it worse. Lightly, he shook the Irani by the shoulders, "Hey! Hey! Wake up, bro!"

--

Sofia was lost, as she damn well should have expected. There was virtually no way she couldn't have gotten lost out there. In fact, most normal people probably would have, too, given how tall the stalks of wheat were. ...Well, in comparison to her height. Had she been able to see, she would have noted that the top of her head just barely poked out from the sea of grain.

As she turned round in circles, out of breath and unsure what she was even doing anymore, it struck her vaguely (in one of those bizarre moments when the mind comes up with inappropriate things at inappropriate times) that this reminded her of the Ukrainian flag. Fields and fields of wheat... Wheat everywhere. Closing in on her.

She panicked.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:21 pm

If only her hair was a different color than what he was wading through to find her. Then this would have been over quickly. But dusk had fallen and anything light became gray.

He was starting to panic as well-- until he saw a gray mass in the distance waver around a bit against the movement of the grain. The way he left the poor crop in his wake almost had the same effect as the rolled over grass in crop circles. At least he would know the way out.

When he reached her, seeing her panicked expression, her helplessness... Not knowing what was coming over him, he dropped to his knees and pulled her close to him as if he thought it was the last time he'd ever see her again. He was silent for a while, before murmuring like nothing had happened, "If you wanted to go somewhere, you could have asked,"

He picked her up like someone might pick up a child, checking to see if the reeds had cut her up any. Definitely not as bad as he had it after he barreled through the field. It stung like papercuts, but he could hardly feel it.

Cosim carried her back out to the two others, not saying anything but, "We can go now." and putting her back into the car before getting in the front (because Arash certainly couldn't drive).
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:37 pm

"Hey! Hey! Wake up, bro!"

It took Arash a few shakes to wake up from his state of unconciousness. He wavered out as quickly as he wavered in. He tasted blood in his mouth. Was it from his split lip, or did he bite his tongue? Hopefully he didn't lose a tooth. Or maybe some blood from his nose had poured in? He couldn't tell, but there were slight tears welling up in his eyes. He batted his long eyelashes, trying his best to blink them away. He rubbed his nose, trying to wipe the blood off.

"Oww-" the words slipped out of his mouth. His nose was certainly broken, that was why it hurt so bad to touch. The weak skin covering some of his burns easily peeled off, to let some more blood bleed through.

Arash got up, without saying anything to the man that woke him up. He was proud, and he looked weak now. He didn't want to seem weak.

He didn't stare at the strongman, when entering the backseat of the car. The burnt up girl was sitting next to him, but Arash didn't even look at her.

"Give me my robe..." he mummbled, grabbing onto his broken nose, to catch the blood that was pouring out. He didn't want Zahorchak touching it. Any other time, Arash would be indignant about why he was beat so bad. And for what?! But Arash was sure worse would come if he said anything about it. He didn't even ask for that must needed apology. For the first time that Zahorchak knew Arash, Arash's pride was stripped away. He lost face- both literally, and figuratively.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:00 am

He didn't apologize-- he should have, he knew. But he wasn't going to look as weak as Arash that way.

Silently, he handed the man his precious robe, careful not to drip blood onto it. He would make fun of him for it, but... Somehow, he knew the feeling of pining after someone that would never even give you the time of day-- he remembered it from somewhere... He wasn't sure where. It didn't bother him much.

So he started the car and it wheezed to life. The evening air itched at his skin, as he decided he really needed rest. Maybe he would apologize to Arash after he had gotten sleep. Maybe.

DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next