Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry Girl [Chernobyl/Public]

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cherry Girl [Chernobyl/Public] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cherry Girl [Chernobyl/Public]

Post  ArtingStarvist Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Anahira followed curiously after Faraz, not sure of what exactly he had in mind. He had said someone would help her, but she had never truly been outside of her tent and car, and had always been restrained, as if they thought she'd kill and eat people on a normal basis if set free. Well..... At least she only did the latter. She opened her mouth to reassure the boy that she was tough and would survive when he began to move again, tugging her along behind.

This 'Golem' person automatically rubbed her the wrong way. He was much too angry towards her only friend, and she didn't appreciate that. Not too mention, he was the epitome of a pākehā, another thing she did not appreciate. She bared her teeth at him from under the sheet when he first spoke rudely to Faraz, then glanced down curiously at the girl behind him. Another pākehā, but looked little and scared and.... Her eyes were strange. She directly her attention back to the 'Golem'.

"Listen, Mister big man, I canny-ball and you no mean to friend," she bared her teeth at him again, scowling, "He want help me for handy-cuffs hurting. You no need be angry." She stomped a foot, then cocked her head, curious to see his reaction, since she usually received fearful reactions. Then again, normally she was tied up, bloodsoaked, and chewing on an arm.

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Cherry Girl [Chernobyl/Public] - Page 2 Empty Re: Cherry Girl [Chernobyl/Public]

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:41 pm

((@ Plum- Why the Hohenzollerns? WASTE OF TIME-))

He didn't even flinch when the woman bared her teeth to him. The first step to losing was to show fear. And it wasnt really fear as much as it was surprise of how someone like that even existed.

And he didn't understand most of what she was saying. But, on instinct, he pushed the blind woman behind him a little farther back.

"People are in chains for a reason." He stated plainly. Of course, he was the exception to the rule. But in jail he had seen too many that belonged in those shackles for the rest of their lives. Or he just took them and saved the jail money. Anyway, this woman looked too suspicious.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 pm

((The only interesting thing about the Hohenzollerns is their name. :I So that's my strategy: fill up the entire last page with Austria. Leave enough room for the word 'Hohenzollern'. Done.))

The scene as far as Sofia could understand it went like this:

There were at least two people here other than herself and Cosim. One was a boy, maybe in his early teens, judging by his voice. The other was a girl (Sofia's over-sensitive nose picked up a slight smell of blood coming from that direction, much to her horror), whose age she wasn't sure of. Both spoke with accents she couldn't place on a map, so she had no idea what kind of people they were or where they came from.

The boy wanted Cosim to liberate the girl from some kind of chains that she was bound in. Said girl revealed that she was a cannibal, to which Cosim replied that people were in chains for a reason. Which seemed to add up to Sofia. She didn't even know that cannibals really existed, but she found herself terrified by the fact that there was one not a yard in front of her. These were obviously very dangerous people: what it seemed to whittle down to was that the boy was in cahoots with the cannibal, and wanted her set free so that she could attack innocents and dine on their flesh. Thank god she was friends with the strongman, or she'd probably be weeping right now.

Frightened, she reached out to find and hold his hand, hers somewhat clammy with nerves.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm

((sounds like a planonis B) FFF idk if I'm even supposed to reply to this now but... I am so bored XD))

He felt Sofia's hand try to find refuge in his and he realized how terrified shemust have been, only hearing snippets of the conversation without seeing.

Feeling in control of the situation, he guided her over to one of the tables and lifted her up to sit her on it. He gave her hands another squeeze; somehow they were freezing in the hot late afternoon sun. "Stay right here." He advised, and then thought it best to assure, "There's nothing to be afraid of." Not yet, at least.

He walked back over to the cannibal and her probably soon to be prey. "No deal, kid." Shouldn't he have been in school? "Go back to wherever you came from." He nudged his chin towards the woman. "Take that back with you, too."
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:30 pm

"N-No reason...... I come London. Carn-ee-val people call me canny-ball. Tie arms and blindyfold. I no hurt no one, I come for London," her tone had softened when she noticed the girl pākehā become very frightened of her, though she had done nothing to merit such fear. It twisted her insides and made her feel bad. She tried to make her tone more gentle, for the girl's sake.

"I no like eat people. I like pākehā food things good. They no give no more," she pouted slightly, "They say 'Canny-ball Queen of Pah-see-fik' and make eat and smile for people. I no like." When the Golem man helped the strange-eye girl sit and then refused Faraz, she felt her spirits drop. Then he crossed the line. Anahira had not been referred to by her name since she had left home, but she had never been called 'that'. As if she wasn't a real person with feelings and emotions and thoughts.

"I no 'that'!" She cried, "I gurl, like pākehā girl there with light eyes," she gestured to Sofia, "I thinking and feeling like she! I no 'that'!"

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:22 am

((@babby: https://2img.net/h/i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/bionic_cripple/photo7.jpg YOU THINK I AM JOKING? /shot Would reply, but there's not much for me to say. XD And I am too tired. /sob))
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Glory Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 am

((ffff so late sorry :l))

He held onto Anahira's arms like she was his big sister. "Hey! Calm down! I got this!" She may have been paraded around like a savage animal, but that wasn't her real face. Faraz had seen her perform before and truth be told, she was very talented. Sadly, her other talents were put in the wake of forced cannibalism. She needed a better showcase on her own terms, and Faraz would do anything in his power to make that happen.

Faraz directed his glare back to the strongman. "I heard stories about you. This Golem who wears broken shackles; did you break them yourself or are they just for show?" He crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't know if you deserve to wear them or not, but she doesn't. Ana says she isn't a cannibal, which she isn't, uh, most of the time. She's not dangerous, and you're not a golem, so why can't you help her? What makes you so different?"

Then Cosim had the nerve to tell Faraz to leave? After all he had gone through to get his new friend help? Oh no. Faraz Gorgani does not back down from anything. He tried to keep the emotion from seeping into his voice, but it was no good. "And not all of us have the luxury of going back home! If I could, I wouldn't be here in the first place!" Lungs heaving, he looked the much taller man in the eye. It must have been a bizarrely comedic scene: a scrawny boy standing toe to toe, unflinching, against the brawniest man in the circus. "She's not dangerous, so could you please just get the cuffs off? What has she ever- of her own accord- to hurt someone? No more than anyone else!" As much as he abhored begging, he hated losing more. Faraz was running out of passive options, he used his last resorts. "Pleeeeease?" Acting quickly, the Persian boy latched onto the man's leg, eyes wide and pleading.

((lmao I think this is what Faraz is like in this type of situation B) http://myfacewhen.com/252/ ))
Major Glory
Major Glory
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:41 am

No case he made would convince Cosim to relieve the girl of her shackles. Unless he saw for himself that she wasn't dangerous, that she never ate anyone except when forced, that he would consider.

"Look, kid." He moved away from where he left the blind girl, not wanting her to hear what he was about to say. "You think you can't go home? The reason I'm here is that I killed six people on the way-- criminals-- (mostly) and you don't know the first thing about being just. Nothing."

He stood up, about to walk away, when the boy grabbed his leg. There were many things Cosim had done, but he would never harm a child. Not even the ones that maybe deserved it.

So he was forced to settle for shaking his leg in hopes the kid would fall off. But he must have been a master at this, and Cosim was afraid of losing his balance from his already spent back. "Kid, seriously-- get off--"
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Anahira watched Faraz curiously. Had he been from her tribe, she had a feeling he would have had the courage to get all his markings, by now. He stood up to the larger man with no fear in his eyes, as if he were invincible. She felt a little awestruck. But this Golem-man, she did not like him. He could, but would not assist others in need. He was mean to her friend. Then he admitted to killing. Anahira raised her eyebrows.

"I no kill. Never. Man kill but woman not. I help destroy mana like gods say," she stated dryly, then bared her teeth again, "But you no do it for to help tribe, I think. Pākehās no have tribes to save for to stop other pākehās." She jutted her chin out proudly, then stepped back as Faraz began to speak, no rant. There was not much for her to do when Faraz clamped onto the Golem-man's leg but watch. He wasn't coming off.

Instead, she used the distraction to move around the two, walking until she was next to the pākehā strange-eye girl. Anahira cocked her head curiously, looking her up and down. She had light hair, something she had not seen until she had come to this pākehā-land, and light skin to match. She had not noticed before, but there were strange red blotches that slightly marred the creamy color. Not only that, but the girl did not stare at her as she walked towards her, like people normally did. Perhaps she could not see, at all.

"You eyes very light," she finally said in a soft voice, "I think very pretty. Me eyes very light too. Blue. Tribe think they strange." She climbed onto the table to sit next to her, looking at Faraz and Golem-man as the large man tried to shake the boy off his leg and chuckled slightly, amused.

"Big Golem-man try shake leg for to make Little Friend fall off, but he like monkey and no let go. Is funny," she looked back at the girl and decided that she could not see, because she hadn't started to find the scene funny. Poor thing.

((That..... is amazing. ;w; It made me bust up laughing in school.))
ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:04 pm

((LMAO PANIC, that is one of my favorite pics on that site. XD))

She had been following the conversation until Cosim lowered his voice. Then all she could pick up was something about 'six people' and 'the first thing'. It didn't make any sense to her, so she wasn't sure what to make of it. Other than that perhaps it was something he didn't want her to know...which made her want to know. And at the same time, she wondered if she shouldn't.

When the other woman approached her, she hadn't noticed at all until she spoke, which made her flinch slightly in surprise. Wasn't this the cannibal?? She very nearly might have screamed in fright, had the heavily accented words not stopped her. ...Pretty? Her eyes? Blinded by cataracts and blankly staring in their misuse? Well, the girl mentioned a 'tribe', so maybe she came from a place that didn't know about diseases like cataracts. Maybe she didn't know that it was meant to be seen as quite horrible, by society's norms. Maybe she was just trying to make the blind girl feel better.

...Or maybe she truly meant it.

Either way, Sofia was somewhat mollified, and didn't know what to say. Still a bit afraid, but...when she thought of a 'cannibal', she didn't think of someone who could hold regular conversations and laugh and show kindness. Perhaps she'd been wrong.

There was a disturbance in the air next to her, and she reached out to find that the woman had joined her on her perch. Fingers resting on the side of the stranger's face for a moment, as she stared straight ahead, unseeing, she withdrew her hand and asked, "Golem-man? Cosim...you mean?" She'd never heard his stage name before, but she didn't know who else it could have referred to.

After a moment of silently contemplating what to say next, she said softly, "...Sofia...is my name. What--what is..." She was struggling with her own not-so-perfect handle on the English language, "What is...? Yours, what is?"

((@Starvist: Because I have to (HAVE TO. NOT WANT TO. /shot) share this with everyone who does not know what Sofia's voice sounds like: http://web.ku.edu/~idea/europe/ukraine/ukraine1.mp3 Skip about 1/4 of the recording, unless you wanna hear about rainbows. XD This woman...is so cute... /sob <3 <3))
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm

((fjsjfj that voice, I tried to find it again before lmao XD I have no idea what she's even talking about, but it's adorable XD))
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:12 pm

((Me neither. XD But ikr? I am in love with this woman and her voice so much alsdfjklsdjf <3 <3 Especially when she's talking about growing her own vegetables, all I can think of is Sonya from WHE. XD If only she and Cosim had gotten married, then she could tell people about her 'haband' and his 'worrrk', too, lmao))
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 pm

((She says things correctly, then there's this long pause as if she's checking the whole sentence XD "He could not go to the..../PAUSE FOREVER.... Christians school..." XD FFFF they may as well have been XD but he was not a very good haband :/ XD))
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:18 am

It was all she could do not to flinch and back away when the pākehā girl, Sofia, touched her face. Anahira did not like to be touched. But...... she had realized the girl could not see and so this was her way of finding people. Thinking about it, there had been one elder -a man who had been around for so many years, she had decided he must have been there when Io first created Ranginui and Papatuanuku*- who had milky, glassed-over eyes similar to the girl's. He had not been able to see, so she would deliver his meals and help him roam when he wanted to walk.

"I thinking he is Cowseem-Golem-Man," she decided, figuring that she knew who she had been with before Faraz and her had interrupted them, "He being very big, with hair like metal. He nose big." She figured the girl knew a few of his features and could identify him. She watched the big man try to shake the young boy off again for a few moments, then turned her attention back to the girl.

"Sew-Fee-yah," she tested the name out curiously, cocking her head, "Me name Anahira." She puffed out her chest, proud and happy to be able to tell someone else her name. For such a long time, she had not heard her name, just 'Cannibal', 'Queen', or (Most recently) 'That'. Faraz was the first she had heard say her name. Maybe this 'Sew-Fee-yah' would be the second. She twiddled her thumbs, then looked back up at the girl.

"I sorry for to scare. I no hurt no one, promise. Just that I made to eat mana and pākehā think scary. We come ask for Cowseem-Golem-Man for to help, 'cause handycuffs are hurting and I no move hands. Vineropes on arms behind back 'fore Faraz help. He want me for to be free, I think. He think Cowseem-Golem-Man break handycuffs, but he no want to." Maybe explaining to Sofia would bring her to their side. She longed to move her arms freely again, as she had not done in so long, and apparently the only one capable of allowing her the freedom was the man in front of her. So.... friends and freedom, what else could she want?

*The Maori creation myth. Io is the supreme being who created Ranginui (Rangi) and Papatuanuku (Papa), Sky Father and the Earth Mother, respectively. The sky and earth produce numerous offspring while they are physically, “cleaved together in a procreative embrace.” In the end, their children seperate them and create the first woman from clay.
((That.... IS SO CUTE. <3))

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2