Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexandria E. Bayoumi

5 posters

Go down

Alexandria E. Bayoumi Empty Alexandria E. Bayoumi

Post  Major Glory Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Human Name : Alexandria E. Bayoumi; or just “Alex”, for short.
Country/City/State/Province representing: Alexandria, Egypt
Human age: 20
Sexual orientation: Bisexual (closeted)
Birthday/zodiac: January 1, Capricorn
Carnival alliance: Mystique

Role in Carnival and how it relates to the history of your character: Snake Charmer/Belly Dancer-- ((The ancient story of how Cleopatra committed suicide by an asp bite is largely considered to be a myth, stoked by how snakes in ancient Egypt were considered mystical and sacred animals of power that were long associated with nobility.)) On the subject of belly dancing, there are three types of belly dancing from Egypt, each with a unique style. Alexandria’s is called “Iskanderia,” a form of Meyala Leff (native to Alexandria). However, she is also proficient in Sharqi, which was popular in the 1930’s and ‘40’s. ((That style eventually adapted into the typical cabaret belly dance that is most commonly seen during that time period. Both are typically used in celebratory occasions and are considered very flirty.))

Special Skills or Talents: Parseltongue Her small nest snakes are of varying sizes and, although rarely used, lethality. The smaller kind are easily concealable, and can be used as a substitute for jewelry without anyone being the wiser. She has only one big snake, a reticulated python, that she uses for shows. Affectionately called by the moniker, “Wadjet.” The serpents act as her eyes and ears (yes, snakes have ears) whenever she isn’t present. To a lesser used extent, Alex’s dancing combined with the rhythm of her snakes can have a hypnotic or disorienting effect, making escape near to impossible and Wadjet with a full stomach for a few weeks…

Appearance (please include a short detailed paragraph or picture): Alexandria E. Bayoumi 24v4ozq

Special personal items: Her books, of course; and her non-belly dancing attire, very much the courtesy of generous patrons.

Anything Else: Alex doesn’t wear her glasses during shows because she considers it “unattractive and unprofessional.” Also, don’t touch her stuff without her permission. Ever. Don’t mistake her for a prostitute either, or be prepared to get a viper to the crotch.

AU Background history: The performing arts were always a part of Alex’s heritage. Her ancestors danced, her mother (and step mother) danced, and she danced, but not without a price. During the Great Depression, the young Egyptian’s dancing reputation was so renowned within the cabaret circuits that she was offered a solid job to dance for Carnival Mystique. Eager to leave the economically-starved Egyptian port city, Alex pulled a few heartstrings and joined the circus, cementing her place as a Mystic, but still poised to take another leap across the ranks.

Last edited by PanicSheep on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Major Glory
Major Glory
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Alexandria E. Bayoumi Empty Re: Alexandria E. Bayoumi

Post  Admin Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Accepted~

Admin
Admin

https://theaphcarnival.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Alex + Shahnaz = totes rival dancers /shot
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Glory Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:50 pm

ffff yes B( CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

I don't know if I can make Alex be mean to Shahnaz. SHE'S TOO NICEEE-- /sobs with shame
Major Glory
Major Glory
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Dang this girl is so hot. B) WASN'T THIS CLOSE TO THE PERIOD THAT FAWZIA WAS MARRIED TO THE SHAH /shotttt

...I think all these dangerous women will result in a really quick death for Versailles. :l
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:06 pm

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH FRIENDLY RIVALRY. And then, Shahnaz can arrange a marriage for Arash to that nice dancer from Mistique-- B) /SHOT
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Glory Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:13 pm

@Oppy

OH WAIT YES IT IS ffff yesss B)
and nawww, Versailles can chill. Alexandria and the French have pretty close ties, historically speaking. What with the Rosetta Stone, Napoleon's officers marrying into royalty, and all B)

@Prune

EXACTLY, BECAUSE ALEX WINS. SHE WINS FOREVER. and then Alex can weep bitterly and wish she were a sort-of-but-not-really-stripper back in Egypt again /shottt

Last edited by PanicSheep on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Major Glory
Major Glory
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 pm

LOL, YEAH, I DON'T THINK SO. NOT WITH SOME FREAKISH BELLY-WRIGGLING--/shotdown forever Then again, idk which type of belly dancing you are referring to, derp. /should go look it up "Won't you come meet my joojeh? You'll love him so much, I just know it! **shining smile of absolute kindness**" And then if Alex doesn't want to marry him, his maman will be so heartbroken. :( GUILT TRIP!
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Glory Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Ahh, much better! :3 Sorry if her appearance seems lazy, but I'm too sick to recolor it. Can you tell I'm experimenting with styles? Her costume is subject to change, depending on the thread. I'll post a link a good belly dance site for certain costume elements, just in case someone gets confused over why she's wearing a Turkish ensemble (the Ottomans helped rebuild Alexandria, so it would be a gift- I guess? XD)

Here ya go, me lovelies~:

http://www.atlantabellydance.com/Overview/EgyptianFolkloric.html
http://www.dancingrahana.com/catalog/BellyDanceCostumes/EgyptianCostumes.aspx
Major Glory
Major Glory
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Blank Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:10 am

Your style.

YOUR STYLE <333