Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Healing Touch [Houston/Public]

2 posters

Go down

The Healing Touch [Houston/Public] Empty The Healing Touch [Houston/Public]

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:48 pm

((fffffff--Oppy, babby, I swear I am writing that reply. OTL Why am I so slow lately ffffuuuuuu--

But here, have a new post in the meantime. :I /SHOT))

Allen had never been permitted to give examinations to the freaks before. It was only the carnies, prostitutes, and stage hands at Mistique who were allowed medical care, even though they rarely needed it (well, the carnies didn't, anyways). But apparently, the policy had loosened up a bit after one of the freaks collapsed and nearly died of illness/blood loss.

It was so sickening. Allen was a professional man, but he could barely stand to look at the human beings kept in cages without losing his composure completely. It was just wrong. Wrong on so many levels.

He wasn't sure if he'd be allowed to perform regular checkups on these poor people, but while he had the opportunity, he planned to do everything he could. Prevention, mainly, was what he was most concerned about. Some of them had diseases that were untreatable already, but with the squalid conditions they were forced to live in, he wanted to ensure that they at least didn't have to put up with anything extra. Some of them didn't really appreciate getting multiple shots in succession, especially those who came from countries that didn't endorse proper medical care to begin with, but he made it a point to immunize everyone, anyways. The carefully sealed biohazard bag within his regular medical bag was filled with used needles.

By the time he got to the last car, he was exhausted, and the sun had already started going down. He'd lost count of how many patients he'd treated already, but he was glad that this was the final one. He hadn't bothered reading the sign on the car to see which 'freak' was inside, but he'd learned that the stage names they were given rarely possessed any semblance of an accurate description of the person inside, anyways.

Knocking first, he waited a moment before unlocking the door with the keys the management had given him, stepping inside, and closing it behind him.

"Hello? This is the doctor..."
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

The Healing Touch [Houston/Public] Empty Re: The Healing Touch [Houston/Public]

Post  harlequin Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 pm

It was always a bit lonely to be put into high-risk compartments, no one to talk to, separated by huge walls of glass and iron. Eleri used this time to reflect, mostly on her actions that constantly maintained her high-risk danger status, but sometimes she would process the days rumors in her head. It was a self-defense mechanism that she developed to keep her self occupied, in the long stretches of torture that this place offered . One good tidbit was that the boy with the black skin had collapsed in a puddle with his own blood and a doctor was now coming to visit them. The doctor was on a vaccination spree, and truthfully she was a smidgen of nervous but refused to outwardly show it .She didn't like doctors, private physicians were her worst nemesis growing up but she did understand the need for one, even though the doctor would likely get no where with her. There were many sick freaks that needed to be treated of something or the other and maybe if he was a decent physician he could cure them.

She had no hopes for herself however, needles didn't pierce her scales without causing excessive damage to the needle and ….her skin sometimes, but mostly doctors were just pissed about their needles. They rendered needles pointless with her, which was a fact she quite enjoyed because she was scared of needles. Eleri's musing was broken by a man's voice, so this was the doctor, she sized him up with but one look before she pointed across the compartment where the hay beds were and where the landwalkers like to sleep between shows. “Have at em'” Her environment was sterile, her body used to the more potent of pool chemicals, and there were much sicker people for him to treat.

((I felt selfish for responding so I left it open for anyone to walk in/ sorry in advance))

harlequin
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Upon seeing the sleeping bodies in the piles of hay and the curious water-filled tank next to them, he stepped in as quietly as he could, wincing when one of the floorboards squeaked under his shoe. If people were sleeping, he didn't want to wake them all up at once. But one person had addressed him, already awake, so he'd start with her...

...Um.

Well, that could prove to be difficult. He'd never quite seen a case like this before. Stepping up to the tank, he set down his medical kit and tried to sum up what he was seeing, in his mind. A girl living in water. Just when he thought he'd seen everything, there was something new to surprise him.

"Evening," he greeted uncertainly, then, clearing his throat, he reminded himself that people were resting and kept his voice down, "Er...I want to treat everyone here, but..." He had no clue how to word himself. Was she treatable? Could she take the same vaccines as regular people? Did she even need them? It seemed like any way he said it would come out extremely offensive.
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
nahn-SEK-wuh-tuhr
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  harlequin Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Essentially to Eleri he was wondering if she was even human, of course it was worded much more cautiously than she heard in a while, maybe a little fun could be made from this. “You mean they didn't tell you good sir? I'm a mermaid from the kingdom of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. My mission was to come here to find a human husband to bequeath my vast pirate treasure too. And invite him back to my harem of other beautiful mermaidens in my underwater palace made of gold.” Her tone was exaggerated and her eyes had been trying to fringe innocence. However she couldn't keep herself from chortling under her breath after she was finished.

She decided she had enough of torturing the poor man “I wasn't born this way Mr ….....?” Eleri chose to drop that subject fast and move on to problem at hand. Moving to the surface of tank to catch a breath of air that she desperately needed she offered helpful information to the doctor to avoid a vaccination. “My tank has a lot of chemicals in it so it tends to be much more sanitary in here than in the hay beds, I had a respiratory infection a month ago but that was about it.” She also sometimes had allergic reactions to said chemicals, but telling the doctor that would be pointless to her. The only spot where he could vaccinate her was either carefully concealed by her scales or below her waist either of which more unlikely than the last she would expose those areas to this man.

harlequin
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down