Welcome To the Carnival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gypsy Danced [Romani/Open]

3 posters

Go down

The Gypsy Danced [Romani/Open] Empty The Gypsy Danced [Romani/Open]

Post  ArtingStarvist Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Nadhezda smiled, swinging her legs back and forth, back and forth. She sat atop the roof of a car in the carnival's redlight area, a place she did not enjoy being, and yet here she was, smiling as if she were given the news that they had chose her to star in the next show. True, they were taking more precautions to make her stay away from the big main tent and to keep her from hitching rides on the caravans, but that just meant she had to improve her game and become more crafty. In the meantime, she settled for causing trouble in her least favorite section of Carnival Mistique.

She pulled her left foot to her chest, slipping a mass of bells and little bits of metal, whatever jingled, then tied it tightly. Experimentally, she wiggled her foot, giggling a little as the tinkling sound filled the empty night. Perhaps, if she was lucky, some sort of foul practice was occuring in the very caravan below her, and she was about to send it to a screeching halt. Maybe, if she was even luckier, it would be someone she liked to mess with, such as the Frenchman. She'd seen him in the area, earlier, as he argued with Dimitrie.

Oh, Dimitrie. Right. She did like Dimitrie, despite hating what he did for the carnival, and this would lose him business, if everything went as she hoped. No matter, she'd figure out some way to make it up to him, later. She tugged on her braids one last time, adjusted her scarf, and tightened the bells at her ankles, then stood. Nadya asserted her footing on the small roof, then began to clap, singing in her language at the top of her lungs.

Nadhezda closed her eyes, getting into the rhythm of her clapping and singing, and began to dance. Of all the places she'd ever been, Sevilla was a favorite. Los Gitanos de Sevilla had received her traveling family so well, even teaching her the dance her people had created for the world, flamenco. She danced flamenco, clapping and spinning and stomping hard as she could, so she rattled and jingled and rang like one large bell. Twice she almost lost her footing and fell, but she kept going as if she didn't notice.

Her scarves and skirt flowed around her as if they floating, filling her heart with joy. Someone shouted at her to 'Shut up!', but she paid them no heed. This was too much fun to give up. She was grinning so large, she figured that someone looking up at her could see all 32 teeth, even the two gold ones in the back, shining bright against the dark of her skin, the scarves and night sky adding a more infinite darkness behind that. This Gitana was happily causing trouble, and no one was going to bring her down.

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

The Gypsy Danced [Romani/Open] Empty Re: The Gypsy Danced [Romani/Open]

Post  DIDNEY WORL Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Dimitrie was the one under that roof-- enjoying himself, actually, with two of his lovely women, until he heard the footsteps. And he knew exactly who it was. And he was a little pissed. It was too late for this.

He leaned out of the window and smacked the roof hard, with his palm. "Get off!" He didnt want to rat her out to the guards here... But if he had to to get some good sleep... Or in his case... The other kind of sleep, then he would.

He was friendly in the daytime, not so much at night. Grumbling, he retreated back to the dark recesses of the room. Hopefully she got the message:
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 am

It was rather unfortunate that Dimitrie was the person she'd disturbed. That didn't mean she was going to stop. Now she just had to move somewhere else. She stopped when he slapped the roof, shifting from foot to foot, then sunk to lay on her stomach and look on him at his level.

"Sorry, Dimitrie," she called, though there was no hint of contrition in her voice, "I was hoping that new man, Mr. Bonbon or whatever his name was, was in there. I'll move." She stood, twirling once more, then hopped off the roof, scrambling to another car before climbing up onto that roof. Nadya took a deep breath and clapped, moving her feet carefully along the lines of the roof, stomping her feet once more and singing loudly.

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 am

((Hurrr- I didn't want to comment here while Auguste was already in other places, B) But now I can. Lmao- I have been wanting to rp with Romani so bad.))

It was Auguste's goal to manipulate some extra money with that trashy pimp, man. He wasn't fond of doing things himself, but he had to do this, now. Auguste was dead set on firing the man if he didn't fork over the money. However, this business was very successful. The profits prove that this man could do his job right. He was disposable, but he was also valuable. So he had to make himself friendly with the man's property. They could change his mind, maybe. That Crina girl, the classier one was excellent leverage against the man. He was going to visit her, again. He had no problem with using people like that.

Unfortunatly things did not go as planned. The Moldovan, Auguste heard was done with business for the night. So Auguste would go visit his sister.

The Moldovan was awake, though, and there was somebody dancing on the roof. It would possibly seem suspicious if Auguste made a scene about it, but hey, he was in charge, he was allowed to seem suspicious.

"-Ey, Allez-vous-en! Allez-vous-en!" he shouted from the ground, waving the girl away. As he walked closer, he got a better look at the girl. Something inside him told him that he hated her. Wait- was she that gypsy girl that he had been warned about. Gypsies... they were dirty. His father hated gypsies. She made the carnival look bad. Yes, she was making them lose profits. She was stealing money away from Auguste's family- from the carnival. Auguste certainly did not want to be around her.

"Get away! Away!" He'd need to call someone else up to make her stay away.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:04 pm

((It makes me happy. owo And, 'Monsieur Bonbon' is totally Nadya's nickname for Auguste, now. XD Because it makes me giggle.))

"Oh, Monsieur Bonbon, quelle agréable surprise!" Nadhezda didn't move, or even stop dancing, but she glanced at the French man with an amused expression on her face. There he was, the one making her plans on joining the carnival more difficult, despite being new. Oh, this would be fun.

"Monsieur, where do you want me to go? I've always traveled with this carnival and have no where else to go!" She didn't mention her time with the rival Ragtags, "In any case, I'm having way too much fun, up here. I don't want to go away." She shot him another grin that revealed the gold teeth in the back of her mouth, then stomped again, clapping loudly. Her bracelets and coins and bells jingled merrily, and she giggled, stopping for a second to put her hands on her hips and smile down at him.

"You are much too serious, Monsieur. That's something you could learn from the Roma. Your aura is all red and black, too," she tsked, shaking her head, then resumed dancing. What would he do, now? Would he call someone to come remove her? Would he try to, himself? Nadya couldn't wait to see.

ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 pm

((Lmaooo, I was speaking about the nickname Bonbon for him just yesterday in a chat.))

"...." He was not amused. Not amused, at all. He tried to smile often, it made him seem charming. He rarely scowled in public, but now there was a deep scowl spread across his face. Nothing in his expression showed a slight image of amusement. Of course he seemed too serious. Look who he had to deal with.

He was not fond of the nickname, either.

"I don't care. You're scaring away visitors, and distracting the carnival from progress. There are other carnivals. Go join them. Go dance elsewhere." Her dancing could potentially attract visitors, but Auguste did not want to have to deal with some Roma. Anyways, she could steal from the visitors. That would give the carnival a bad reputation.

He stormed to the Moldovan man's car, muttering some awful things about the girl's race. He'd never met a single agreeable Roma.

"Ionescu!" his fist knocked against the door a few times. "Get out here!" The Pimp was uncooperative, but he had to listen to this order. Auguste was not going to chase the girl down, himself. Ionescu was.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:15 pm

((The last name 'Bourban' makes it way too easy. XD Good to see I'm not the only one.))
Nadhezda had to use all her self control not to laugh out loud at the look the Frenchman's face. It was hilarious! And the look he gave her when she called him by her nickname? She snickered, jingling her bracelets happily. The Roma knew how to enjoy themselves, at least, unlike the French, apparently. His aura showed anger and hate, the latter she did not expect, but she tsked again, anyways. Those were bad emotions to let control oneself.

"People like my dancing," she twirled, cocking her head amusedly, "And the carnival is not performing, today, even I know that, Monsieur Bonbon!" She watched as he stormed off, back to the car whose roof she had begun on. He was getting Dimitrie. Why was he doing that? Did he think Dimitrie could chase her off? She stopped dancing, craning her neck to see what he would do.
ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 pm

An exasperated groan could be heard from the inside of the car, along with the disappointed sighs of more than one woman.

He opened the door a tiny crack, clothes sloppily thrown on, and glared at the Frenchman. "What do you want, faggot? Finally have your money for me?" Dimitrie was usually very nice. But not to people like this.

The man was sure he would never pay the carnival any money. His whorehouse was completely self-sufficient, save for the train's motor. And what did that take to run, paid for cooperatively by the carnival? He doubted it was the high price this man was demanding.

He sucked in air through his teeth and spit a wad of tobacco at Auguste's finely polished shoes. The French one would be first to go, even before the Roma.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

The man took too long, and Auguste scowled, taking glances at that nasty Roma, while he waited. Auguste knew this man ran a whorehouse...but what kind of woman would even have sex with him? Hopefully the man's sister didn't. She seemed too classy for this. However this guy, he did not seem above having sex with his sister.

He gave a rare look of complete disgust.

Then the man had the nerve to spit on Auguste's shoe. He had just gotten that shoe polished by some homeless street rat. This man was absolutly digusting. Auguste kicked some of the tobacco away from his shoe. There was still some there. He did not want to touch it. These shoes were expensive. This would also come out of the man's wallet.

"Non, non, I only need your money by the end of the week." he didn't even bother to force a smile. This man was near impossible. "This is something different. Some Roma is here." and he pointed at her. "I'd assume you heard her awful noise?"

"I don't want to see her anymore. I'm not too concerned if you're busy. You work under me. Get her down. Make sure she does not come back." That was all Auguste really had to say. He did not consider himself to be very racist. The Roma were a special case.

((SOBBB, I feel so guilty writing like this.))
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtingStarvist Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Nadhezda watched as Dimitrie poked his head out of the car and raised her eyebrows. She was used to being hated, but this Frenchman really really hated her. His aura was turning all black. On the other hand, Dimitrie's was red and orange. Annoyance. She felt kind of bad for interrupting him twice, now. Either way, she figured Bonbon would have bothered him, anyways, but still, the thought was there.

She giggled when Dimitrie spit on his shoe. In her defense, it was too funny not to laugh. The look on his face was priceless. And now he was pointing. Ohhhh, didn't he know pointing was rude? She tsked, carefully beginning to remove her bracelets and necklaces, setting them gingerly on the rooftop. Her ankle bells went next, then her colorful scarves with the coins, until she was left in all black.

She slipped down from the rooftop, quiet as a shadow. Having no shoes to crunch on the grass worked to her advantage, masking her footsteps. She slunk up behind the Frenchman, then removed her headscarf and let it float onto his shoulders, peeking at Dimitrie over Bonbon's shoulder. She rested her chin upon him, grinning.

"Oh, non non, Monsieur Bonbon," she scolded mockingly, "I am everywhere. You can't get away, you know. I always come back." She batted her eyes jokingly, then stepped back, moving in between the two men so she faced Auguste. Unlike before, her brown eyes darkened to flat black, face eerily serious.

"I have premonitions, you know, Monsieur. I see something in your future. Beware the ones with unnatural charm. And the beast that eats with it's tail. A wild man's meek and a dark one's pale. And there comes a monstrous harm." She was silent for a moment, staring at him with fixated intensity, then she seemed to relax and her big grin returned. She flounced away, climbing back up to the rooftop, and began replacing her jewelry.

"Come get me, Monsieur Bonbon!"

(('S alright. She's used to it.))
ArtingStarvist
ArtingStarvist
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Auguste did not expect the girl to be so close behind him. He jumped when the headscarf landed on him. He felt her behind him so quickly, and then she spoke. He was rarely jumpy, but this shocked him. He turned back to her, but then she was in front of him. Again he turned. It was frightening really, he didn't know why. He had no reason why, but this girl unhinge him- her race unhinged him. Auguste liked control and these people were so... uncontrolable.

She gave her prediction. He scoffed as she said it. But then she gave him that stare. It was also a little disturbing. It was fake. He knew it had to be. He made no sense of it. He didn't want to make any sense of it, either. Auguste was not easily effected by such emotions, but his distaste for this girl was overpowering.

Then she was gone, again. He must have spaced out, because she seemed gone so quickly. He didn't even get to hand the scarf to her. He didn't want her scarf. He didn't want to think of her. Out of sight and out of mind... that was how she should be.

"Chase her down! And get her out of here!" he snapped to the Moldovan. "Didn't you hear me?!"
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Dimitrie stared at him blankly through dilated eyes.

Now he didn't even care about the woman, he just wanted sleep. And it was easier to fall asleep to Roma than to this peacock of a man. He shooed the women out before turning back to Auguste.

"How about you chase yourself out before I decide to beat the living shit out of you." He replied calmly. "I'll give you a head start. One... Two..."

He wanted the man to know he wasn't welcome here, especially not around his sister. He tended to be selective in how he protected her... And saw no problem with it.
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:08 pm

"I want you to get rid of her." Auguste stated cooly. As in, he wanted the man to ensure the Roma did not come back.

"I'm your boss. If you lay a finger on me, then you're on your own. Do you understand? You work under the carnival. These cars are property of the carnival. You work with us, using our location and our material. Your whores work with us. It's in your contract. I can take it all away with one signature. Your money belongs to the carnival. I can take that away. You'll be on your own." he snapped, quickly and just as cooly. He had leverage over this person, that was for sure. Then even if violence did break out, Auguste could hold his own. He didn't look it, but he could.

He stood there, defiant.

"Listen to me." He spit out the words with such bitterness. He could not tolerate trash like this. He could not tolerate those that denied the power invested in him.
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
MOSSAD TRAINED SHARK
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  DIDNEY WORL Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 am

He stared at the guy for a while. Until it was clear his scare tactics weren't working.

So, he just pulled the man closer by his tie.... And then shut the door right on his face.

((Short, man, idk what else he would do XD))
DIDNEY WORL
DIDNEY WORL
You're circus folks now
You're circus folks now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down